Some bad advice lately

Gypsy13
Hey y’all. I want to say thank you for all the great advice and opinions. I’m still going to check in from time to time but listening to wrong info being given is heartbreaking. The forum rules should be a daily pop up I think. If you don’t KNOW something without a shadow of a doubt, don’t tell someone to do it. Some of us are totally attached to their pets. Finned feathered or furred.
When I need info, I’ll be checking the aquarium forum. I love this forum.

Thank you everybody. Hugs

Thunder_o_b
Hey y’all. I want to say thank you for all the great advice and opinions. I’m still going to check in from time to time but listening to wrong info being given is heartbreaking. The forum rules should be a daily pop up I think. If you don’t KNOW something without a shadow of a doubt, don’t tell someone to do it. Some of us are totally attached to their pets. Finned feathered or furred.

I understand how you feel. But if the people that know and truly care about keeping fish long term leave, that gives greater voice to those with volume and little substance.

Please stick around...Pretty please
How about a nice lily as a bribe

IMG_4345 copy.0.jpg

Gypsy13
I understand how you feel. But if the people that know and truly care about keeping fish long term leave, that gives greater voice to those with volume and little substance.

Please stick around...Pretty please
How about a nice lily as a bribe

View attachment 430101

That’s not fair! Not only a lily but a purple lily? You cheat!
Ok. For you I will keep trying.
Thank you.

Gypsy13
Thank you all.

Thunder_o_b
YAY!

DoubleDutch
Point is what info is wrong and what is right. We're talking about keeping living animals and therefor advising about things can be quite challenging and oftrn is based on a small amount of info (sonetines even wrong info)

When fish or animals in general die or don't get better, was the advice wrong? Mwaaa I doubt that.

What is bothering me is diagnosing all kinds of dreadful diseases ( Neon Tetra Disease or TB ) in an eyeblink, scaring the OP often without any need.

Lots of people try to help and get some of consensus about things and the treatment.
If it doesn't work out it is a shame but not always wrong and definitely not on purpose.

Stay around !

Gypsy13
Point is what info is wrong and what is right. We're talking about keeping living animals and therefor advising about things can be quite challenging and oftrn is based on a small amount of info (sonetines even wrong info)

When fish or animals in general die or don't get better, was the advice wrong? Mwaaa I doubt that.

What is bothering me is diagnosing all kinds of dreadful diseases ( Neon Tetra Disease or TB ) in an eyeblink, scaring the OP often without any need.

Lots of people try to help and get some of consensus about things and the treatment.
If it doesn't work out it is a shame but not always wrong and definitely not on purpose.

Stay around !

I understand. This is one thing that gets to me though. There’s very little info posted. A not very good pic of the fish. Then someone says sounds/looks like parasites, fungus etc. When sometimes all they need to do is clean up the environment for the fish. I’m not going to tell someone I know all there is to know cause I don’t. But some of us don’t see it as a shame to lose a pet. Sometimes it’s devastating.
But, I bow to better judgement. Besides, I’ve been bribed by a water lily. A PURPLE water lily! Some people don’t play fair at all!

You are SO not right! And where do I get a dancing banana? :smug:

DoubleDutch
Hahahaha, Thunder is baddddd

Coradee
You are SO not right! And where do I get a dancing banana? :smug:

HI Gypsy, in the reply box go to smilies, then Old smiles, the dancing bananas are there

Thunder_o_b
mattgirl
I too understand what you are saying and feeling. All we can do is try our best to answer their questions.

My biggest problem is there seems to be a lack of reading comprehension. Oh well, thus is life.

I am glad Thunder_o_b bribed you in to staying with that beautiful Purple Lily

DoubleDutch
I too understand what you are saying and feeling. All we can do is try our best to answer their questions.

My biggest problem is there seems to be a lack of reading comprehension. Oh well, thus is life.

I am glad Thunder_o_b bribed you in to staying with that beautiful Purple Lily
Maybe he has another color in stock for you

Gypsy13
HI Gypsy, in the reply box go to smilies, then Old smiles, the dancing bananas are there

I think I did it!

Maybe he has another color in stock for you

Like maybe aquamarine blue? Huh? Huh?

mattgirl
hehehehe, how did you know my favorite color is blue

Gypsy13
hehehehe, how did you know my favorite color is blue

Mine was only purple but since Momma passed, my new fave is my birthstone.

Gypsy13

Ever listened to SirI describe the dancing bananas?

mattgirl
Ever listened to SirI describe the dancing bananas?
no, but I bet it is interesting. The one I posted was waving at you

Gypsy13
no, but I bet it is interesting. The one I posted was waving at you

Ok now I’ve got to see how I missed that one!
Did I get it?

mattgirl
Ok now I’ve got to see how I missed that one!
Did I get it?
The waving banana is just to the right of the one you posted

Gypsy13
The waving banana is just to the right of the one you posted

Ok. One more try!
SirI is crazy. Please tell me I got it!

mattgirl
Ok. One more try!
SirI is crazy. Please tell me I got it!
Yay!!!!!! you got it

Gypsy13
YAY!
:smug: Thank you

Thunder_o_b
How about a blue dragon in prayer

SN#41 copy.0.jpg

Or is this more what you had in mind. Still looking for a light blue lily.

_MG_1667-Edit.0.jpg

SallyfromOregon

Remember that everyone is trying to help. That's a positive thing...even though some may not have the best information in their minds - perhaps they learn, too...after seeing what others say. We're all in this together! Thank you for staying!

Gypsy13
How about a blue dragon in prayer
View attachment 430394

Or is this more what you had in mind. Still looking for a light blue lily.
View attachment 430403

I needed this. After last night, I’m wondering if I’m not doing more harm than good. Can’t see the pics. Sometimes I just don’t know if I’m any help and I so want to be.
Absolutely love dragonflies. Thank you. Beautiful flower!

mattgirl
I needed this. After last night, I’m wondering if I’m not doing more harm than good. Can’t see the pics. Sometimes I just don’t know if I’m any help and I so want to be.
Just remember, sometimes folks just need kind words and words of encouragement. They have found themselves in a situation they can't figure out how to handle and often just holding their hand through the situation can help. Although you can't see the photos you can offer kind words. I applaud you for wanting to help.

Thunder_o_b
You are welcome

Still looking for that blue lily. I am sure I have one. It is just a matter of serching through a few thousend files.... But I will fInd it.

Gypsy13
You are welcome

Still looking for that blue lily. I am sure I have one. It is just a matter of serching through a few thousend files.... But I will fInd it.

You’re truly something else. Don’t search thousands of files. The thought is enough. Thank you :smug:

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Corydora Pro
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Gypsy13
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
CopperIsEpiK