Solo Biggish Fish Ideas

Tman2902

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I have been rolling ideas around in my head of potential fish for my 90 gallon tank. I have come to the idea of one big fish instead of a community tank set up. Current idea is some hardy plants like java fern and moss with some drift wood and a sand substrate. I'm open to any fish ideas.

Tman2902

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks for the input! Ya the plants are probably not going to survive but I am still going to try! Get the ferns well established hide the roots in large rock formations. The java moss is well java moss don't care if it ends up floating about or as a light snack. I would rather stick with tropical fish, never been a big fan of goldfish. and since its a 90 gallon (standard foot print so rather deep) I don't thing poor swimmers like fancy goldfish would be a suitable match.

Fishguy11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A nice group of Severums or a couple oscars could work.

Maybe frontosa? If someone could confirm them that would be great.

Animals are my life. If there weren't animals I wouldn't exist.

BDpups

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd try and find a Midas or Trimac myself. You could keep a fancy pleco as long as it stayed around 12" with either of those.

Tman2902

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I've been looking around online and this Texas cichlid with a red base and blue/green scales was quite nice! Also my LFS carries Texas cichlids so they could probably find one like it. If you want to see a picture of the fish I am talking about give a quick google search "pearlscale cichlid" it is in the second row third from the left.

BDpups

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've been looking around online and this Texas cichlid with a red base and blue/green scales was quite nice! Also my LFS carries Texas cichlids so they could probably find one like it. If you want to see a picture of the fish I am talking about give a quick google search "pearlscale cichlid" it is in the second row third from the left.
Those are awesome and would work fine in your tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom