Solid Gold Filter

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by vijay3242, Apr 12, 2017.

1. vijay3242

vijay3242 Well Known Member Member

Hi. I have been watching Solid Gold a lot. I noticed that in her tanks and pond she has this sort of sponge filter/ aeration device. I was wondering if anybody knew exactly what it was and where to buy them.

2. C

Chaory Valued Member Member

It is call a sponge filter, but I do not know what brand she use. Ebay and Amazon.

3. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

If you start at around minute 4 she goes over filtration. It looks like she is just using a natural sponge, then ceramic rings, and filter floss. She also has some links listed in the description of her video, but it doesn't say specifically which sponge she uses. But it might at least give you some other info that way.

Maybe she has more specific info on her FB or twitter.

Edit: oh were you talking about the circular sponge inside the tank? Not the HoB media? You can just google sponge filters. There are tons of options to choose from. DIY guy did a whole video on sponge filters too.

4. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlack Fishlore VIP Member

Wide pored sponge filters are great, but goldfish are one of the few species that have been known to try to eat them on occasion.

5. Tiny_Tanganyikans

Tiny_Tanganyikans Well Known Member Member

Swisstropicals makes nice ones from poret foam. I use the poret foam exclusively for my sponge filters and any applications I use foam. It works amazingly in my wet/dry tower its much more efficient than a fluidized bed. Hardcore Koi keepers use it a lot over fluidized beds

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice