Sold our condo - Can you believe it....

nmwierman1977
We sold our condo!! Yes, you are reading this right, we sold our condo!! I am so excited. We sold it last night. The lady that we sold it too though pretty much wanted it for free though. There was no way we were just going to give that place away. If she wanted it that bad she had no choice, but to work with us. If not it was ostalavista(don't know if that correct spelling) baby. It was listed for 109,800. She wanted it for 106,000, we pay her down payment( she's in that Ameridream program where the seller has to pay your down payment for you), her closing costs, and she wanted us to pay 12 months of the HOA for her!! Plus she wanted to be moved in by December 28th! This lady was crazy if she thought we were going to except this offer.

So, we countered back and said 108,500, we'll pay the downpayment,2000 towards closing, and no HOA. I thought it was pretty reasonable. Plus she got a 650 dollar allowance at escrow.

We signed everything, our realtor left and at about 7:30 she called us back.We didn't expect an answer so soon. she had till Friday at noon to decide. I guess she really wanted and didn't want to wait. She had agreed to everything except for 2 things. So, she came back and said 750, so she can pay her last rental payment for the house she's renting and she said she needed at least 6 mo. of the HOA covered. Her realtor said she'll take 1% of the costs that we pay towards her off for us and she'll cover 6 mo. of the Hoa and then we cover 6 mo. of the Hoa.

So we agreed to that and we sign the final paperwork tonight for the counter that is coming back to us. Oh and we also said no to the Dec. 28th move in and said Jan.25 instead and she agreed to that.

Now it's just needs to get through escrow successfully.Crossing our fingers. Natalie

Chief_waterchanger
Best of luck on the tieing up of the final strings, but congrats! Looks like things are working out for ya'll.

COBettaCouple
congrats Natalie! I'm so glad to hear that you sold it!

voiceless_kat
Hey Nat, congrats on the sale, I know you have been anxious to sell!! It sounds like selling goes way different down there than up here, unless it is because it is a condo. Interesting! Have you bought a new place?? Val

nmwierman1977
Thanks Dave, Hey where have you been? I haven't talked with you all week. I'm going through withdrawal.

Hey Nat, congrats on the sale, I know you have been anxious to sell!! It sounds like selling goes way different down there than up here, unless it is because it is a condo. Interesting! Have you bought a new place?? Val

Thanks Val. How do you mean when you say it seems different? No we haven't found a new home yet. We are going to start seriously looking around this weekend. Our closing date is actually Jan. 27th, so we have 7 weeks to find something and close on it. I'm hoping we find something that's vacant because then we can get a quicker close.We also want to try to find something that's not going to kill us in payments, but also that doesn't need a lot of TLC. We don't mind a little paint here or there, but we don't want to have to tear things up right away. We don't have that kind of money right now.

Best of luck on the tieing up of the final strings, but congrats! Looks like things are working out for ya'll.

Thanks Chief_waterchanger.

Natalie

COBettaCouple
Yea, getting less time to get on the computer until later in the day most days.

Thanks Dave, Hey where have you been? I haven't talked with you all week. I'm going through withdrawal.

voiceless_kat
It was listed for 109,800. She wanted it for 106,000, we pay her down payment( she's in that Ameridream program where the seller has to pay your down payment for you), her closing costs, and she wanted us to pay 12 months of the HOA for her!!

So, we countered back and said 108,500, we'll pay the downpayment,2000 towards closing, and no HOA. I thought it was pretty reasonable. Plus she got a 650 dollar allowance at escrow.

So, she came back and said 750, so she can pay her last rental payment for the house she's renting and she said she needed at least 6 mo. of the HOA covered. Her realtor said she'll take 1% of the costs that we pay towards her off for us and she'll cover 6 mo. of the Hoa and then we cover 6 mo. of the Hoa.
Natalie

Hey Nat, if I am understanding it correctly, you have to pay stuff for the buyer?? We find a place, make an offer, ( then counter, etc if it takes that)...if accepted, have lawyers write up offer to purchase ( or sell, whichever side you are on with conditions agreed on, like any extras, closing date, etc) Pay the realtor 7% commission, unless you can negotiate with them to reduce it; pay lawyers for surveys and that stuff; exchange $$$$..and move in and have a house warming party).

We don't really have Escrow either, but something kind similar with the bank or mortage company.

Anyway, happy to know you are getting it all done, and best of luck on your search!

Val

Dino
Congradulations!!!!

COBettaCouple
The system in Canada sounds similiar to the UK.

0morrokh
The system in Canada sounds similiar to the UK.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me.

Congrats on selling the condo!!

nmwierman1977
Hey Nat, if I am understanding it correctly, you have to pay stuff for the buyer?? We find a place, make an offer, ( then counter, etc if it takes that)...if accepted, have lawyers write up offer to purchase ( or sell, whichever side you are on with conditions agreed on, like any extras, closing date, etc) Pay the realtor 7% commission, unless you can negotiate with them to reduce it; pay lawyers for surveys and that stuff; exchange $$$$..and move in and have a house warming party).

We don't really have Escrow either, but something kind similar with the bank or mortage company.

Anyway, happy to know you are getting it all done, and best of luck on your search!

Val

IN some case yes I guess. The buyer can pretty much ask for anything from the seller if they need help, especially in the type of the market that we are in now. Buyers tend to take advantage of the system right now cuz the market is so bad. If the seller is willing to wheel and deal then yes they can pay for stuff for the buyer. The seller does not have to take the offer though. We didn't have to take that offer, but our condo has been up for 6 mo. now and to be honest with you we didn't think that we were going to get a better offer, so we took it and ran with it. It hasn't gone through escrow yet. We pray that it will sometime today. The lady is going through a divorce, so I guess it will take a little longer to go through because the Ex-spouce has to sign off on some papers, and all that legal stuff, plus they have to hand write everything. It can't bbe done over the computer.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the congrats. We are excited,but very nervous at the same time. Natalie

voiceless_kat
We're keeping fingers crossed, Girl!

COBettaCouple
once the deal is closed, you'll be buying me that 8g iPod Touch, right?

≈ D ≈
Nice to hear some good news. Good luck with the sale and the house hunting.

nmwierman1977
Well we may not have sold the condo after all. My realtor called us last night. It has something to do with child support and the divorce. The lady really wants it though, so I guess they are going to try a bunch of stuff to get it. We are really bummed. We were supposed to go out this Sunday with our realtor and look at a bunch of houses we found, but I don't think that's going to happen. Unless they can pull off some kind of miracle to get the money to get it to the price we need to sell it for. This is so disheartening. My husband and I have gone through so many challenges since being together. It would just be nice for once that something went right for a change. Natalie

COBettaCouple
that really stinks Natalie.. I hope it still manages to work out & you sell the condo.

nmwierman1977
Thanks Dave.

nmwierman1977
Well we are back to square 1 again. The realtor and lady had to cancel the contract. They are still going to try to come up with the money, so they can get the condo, but right now she jus can't get qualified for enough because of this divorce. If they can find a way to make it work then they will have to draw up a new contract.

Our realtor said that somebody called her on it and they want to come look at it tomorrow sometime. So I'm crossing my fingers that they do and they like it and put an offer in. At this point we just want to sell.
Natalie

Drea
Hang in there Natalie, remember everything happens for a reason, we just don't always know what it is right away. I bet you'll get a better offer! p.s I'm a realtor and I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

nmwierman1977
Thanks Drea. I know everything happens for a reason. If it's meant to be it's meant be. I've always been a firm believer of that. We are just anxious to get out of this condo. We've enjoyed living here for the most part. Never had any major problems besides people not knowing how to park in the guest parking. They like to take up 2 spots half the time and the area isn't very big as it is. My husband is always complaining about that. I've even offered to park in the guest and let him have the covered parking, but he refused because he would rather me have it. Anyway, we are also tired of dealing with an HOA too. They are such a pain in the butt with all of their stupid rules and regulations. It'll just be nice to have a nice home not having to answer to anybody and have a place to park our cars and not have to worry about it. Natalie

PS Is the market really bad where you are too? I'd imagine is bad everywhere.

COBettaCouple
Hey Natalie, hope you'll be excited about selling the condo come monday.

Drea
Natalie, It is bad here too, I think Michigan is 4th or 5th in the country with foreclosures.I put my RE license in escrow mainly because of my auto injury, I can't work at all now. But ironically the industry started to down turn 3 years ago when I got hurt. We live in a condo too and your right about the parking.:;b We have a neighbor whos' daughter is nasty, parks where ever she wants, so do the other family membs. The grounds crew drive me nuts too, they do stuff half ***ed! Oh, well we spend a lot of time in our RV up north to get away from all of it. Soon, we hope to be Rving full time, so if the neighbors are crummy we pick up and move. Ya know RVers are usually very cool folks, and we hope to spend a lot of time at AZ campsites.

COBettaCouple
I hate parking at apts.. this one place we were at, the old guy next door had NO life and 3 cars.. he was so anal about having the 3 closest spots that he would move his cars into them even if it only meant moving a spot or 2. I remember one day hearing his door close so I look out and see a car leaving the parking lot and one of "his" 3 spots.. he went down and moved one of his cars into the spot.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
nmwierman1977
  • Fishtail
  • Horse
Replies
Views
cb23
Replies
Views
fishkeepinginaisa