Software Upgrade is complete but still much to do

1. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

That software upgrade was a whopper! I still have a ton of style edits to make but wanted to get you guys back online and checking out all the cool new stuff.

Some of the third party add-ons we had may not be implemented yet and I'm going thru them one by one to add to the forum. Obviously still need to fix the styling/colors and such too.

Please don't judge the look/feel/functionality yet. Still need to make a lot of edits...

Thanks for your patience,
    Mike

2. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Nice!!!!!!!! :)

New base looks awesome!

Didn't realise how much I relied on the Aquarium Info of members till about 1 minute ago ;)

3. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

lol,its a great format, of course im sure all the kink are being worked. I am off to regain my subscriptions XD. But it really is amazing......omg...just now...it auto saved my post while i typed...0.0 I LOVE IT.

4. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Thank you!

Was I surprised this morning when I came in here to look up Fishlore. My 3 year old son got me up at 4:00 am this am to make him soup, I popped open Fishlore and to my surprise it was differant. Thank you for all the hard work Mike; I will have to get used to the new format!!:;hi2

Wendy

5. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

the only issue that I see is that a lot of the threads that were on some sub-forums are gone.

6. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

ah! i'm confused! i don't know where anything is! haha. i guess i'll figure it out....hopefully

7. trailblazer295 Well Known Member Member

New game to start your weekend with lol

8. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

loving it mike!

Just something I noticed is there is a vCBS forum with announcements that if I click on the thread that shows up it just links me to another fish lore page that it tells me I do not have permissions for. Don't know if that is a forum you want, want to be seen, or what have you. Just letting you know what I found.

I understand all the Edits mike, I am one of the owners of an IPB for a car group, it can be a royal pain in the neck to do these upgrades. Sorry you basically just gave up your weekend and the next week to it. But THANK YOU!

9. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i miss the 'new replies' tab. <sniff>

10. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

OMG dont you know it.
    Ill give you this, the green arrows on the envlope net to the thread mean you have a post in that thread. Now, if only i knew the diffrence between a red and grey envelope, perhaps a updated thread is red? Ill go do some snooping around and see what i cant figure out XD shall i report back? I really like this new format every click i take.

11. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Me too, and the unanswered posts tab.

12. trailblazer295 Well Known Member Member

Miss my 'my threads' tab, so easy to check on my own threads.

13. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

You can sill do it from your profile, not as convenient though.

I like the like buttons.

I miss the counrty flags too.

14. trailblazer295 Well Known Member Member

Oh ya, I didn't notice the flags missing.

15. lorabell Well Known Member Member

Just now saw this...Mike Thanks for ALL you do!!!!!! Hopefully I'll figure it out

16. Daac Well Known Member Member

I like the others miss the unanswered posts tab and also the subscribed threads tab... I'll figure it out eventually
    edit: yay I found the subscribed post tab

17. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

There's no new replies button :(

Great job though, Looks like this took a lot of work.

18. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Looks like it was quite the upgrade!! Glad the forum is back online. Thank Mike for working on it so late last night!

Here's a few things I've noticed (may help some):

:;f My Replies is now found by clicking My Profile, in the top right-hand corner, and select Find Latest Started Threads under your Avatar on the left-hand side. There is also a Find Latest Posts link, but it appears to be my own posts, but not sure yet.
    :;f Subscribed Threads is now found by clicking My Settings in the upper right-hand corner

If I figure anything else out I'll post it.

19. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

our gender, experience, 'nickname', and flags are gone. but you can still see them in someone's profile i think. even though i can find the threads i've replied to....i'm pretty sure some of them are buried, and it could take me a few pages to find them. 'new replies' was quick and easy to see the status of a thread i've replied in. maybe if enough of us cry, he'll bring it back? haha

20. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Gender and experience hasn't been visible on a post for a while now. Nickname I do miss though. There will be a variety of things like this as we settle into this new build.