Social Networking

Do you frequent social-networking sites?

• MySpace

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Twitter

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Facebook

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • Those are the only three I know, so... other

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • No way!!

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
HI guys - I know that some of you participate on other forums, but I am curious about how many of us are on social networking sites. So the questions is.... do you Twitter?

Oh, and answers are private. You can pick more than one.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI meenu
Not sure if you saw this thread, or maybe it was when you were out?

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Shawnie said:
HI meenu
Not sure if you saw this thread, or maybe it was when you were out?
Yup, I was in the hospital and missed that one. Thanks, Shawnie. Sorry for the duplicate thread.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Fishlore is the only online social networking I do.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Meenu said:
Yup, I was in the hospital and missed that one. Thanks, Shawnie. Sorry for the duplicate thread.
dont be sorry wasn't sure if you were out then or not that's all

Betta Whisperer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't need to buy another computer dew to viruses that are rampent on those sort of places. So no I don't do any of them.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I'd prefer to spend my time here on Fish Lore. I've never done any of the above. I have enough passwords to try and remember as it is.

Ken

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I used to facebook and myspace years ago, and I joined twitter, but don't know how to use it. I can't even remember my password to cancel it lol!

I have none now though!

HOWsMom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I use facebook.

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It use to be Myspace, but now Facebook just a little.

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Facebook about once a week

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I do not do any of the social networking sites. I'm looking forward to Diaspora when it comes out (it allows you to easily choose precisely how much information you give out, and is completely open source), and will eventually need to get a Facebook account, but only once I've sold at least one piece of writing.

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Diaspora? hmm... sounds interesting haven't heard of it.

Alee C.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm not a member of Facebook, Myspace, or twitter, I am however a member of Yahoo, Ask Me Help Desk(an excelent site), and fanfiction.com(a site for people who like writing and reading fanifction).

I'm a member of KijijI too but that's for selling and buying(another great site).

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hmmm
is it fanfiction. com or .net .... I know I'm on 1 of those but not very often...

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ah, fanfiction. There was sort-of-recently a little brouhaha in the writing community about fanfiction. One author wrote this long, scathing essay about how horrible people who write fanfiction are. This has caused the writing community to become somewhat split. Some authors see it as a mark of pride that people bother to write something in the universe they created. Others see it as nothing short of copyright infringement, and want to take legal action against them.
I like the anime/manga approach to fanfiction: Yes, we love it. Write more.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm on Twitter because that's how I promote my articles and photography (freelance). I refused to use MySpace and I also refuse to use Facebook. Twitter is about connecting with new people, MySpace and Facebook are all about collecting friends you already have.

-Lisa

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I just recently joined a writing/roleplay website as well. There is some fan fiction on there. I'm not writing much of it - my favorite authors are all against it. However, I am writing a Harry Potter story where I play Hermoine, and my writing partner is playing Harry. It's a little bit into the future, and we've tweaked the ending of book 7 a little bit. It's fun.

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
sirdarksol said:
Ah, fanfiction. There was sort-of-recently a little brouhaha in the writing community about fanfiction. One author wrote this long, scathing essay about how horrible people who write fanfiction are. This has caused the writing community to become somewhat split. Some authors see it as a mark of pride that people bother to write something in the universe they created. Others see it as nothing short of copyright infringement, and want to take legal action against them.
I like the anime/manga approach to fanfiction: Yes, we love it. Write more.
It's always going to be one of those things that everyone agrees to disagree. As to copy-right... I'd argue that if you're not getting paid for it and you state that it's a work of fan-fiction and not original, then it isn't. I think it's fun to write and can be helpful to writing in a lot of ways.

kayeleven

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've got a facebook account, but I should cancel it. The only site I actively frequent is Fish Lore.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads