Social Networking

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Meenu, Apr 6, 2010.

?

Do you frequent social-networking sites?

1. MySpace

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. Twitter

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. Facebook

29 vote(s)
    65.9%
  4. Those are the only three I know, so... other

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. No way!!

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Hi guys - I know that some of you participate on other forums, but I am curious about how many of us are on social networking sites. So the questions is.... do you Twitter?

Oh, and answers are private. You can pick more than one.

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

3. OP
    OP
    Meenu

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Fishlore is the only online social networking I do.

5. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

dont be sorry :) wasnt sure if you were out then or not thats all

6. Betta Whisperer

Betta Whisperer Well Known Member Member

I don't need to buy another computer dew to viruses that are rampent on those sort of places. So no I don't do any of them.

7. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

I'd prefer to spend my time here on Fish Lore. :) I've never done any of the above. I have enough passwords to try and remember as it is.

Ken

8. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

I used to facebook and myspace years ago, and i joined twitter, but don't know how to use it. I can't even remember my password to cancel it lol!

I have none now though!

9. HOWsMom

HOWsMom Well Known Member Member

I use facebook.

10. JustinF

JustinF Valued Member Member

It use to be Myspace, but now Facebook just a little.

11. Aquagirl1978

Aquagirl1978 Well Known Member Member

Facebook about once a week

12. sirdarksol

sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

I do not do any of the social networking sites. I'm looking forward to Diaspora when it comes out (it allows you to easily choose precisely how much information you give out, and is completely open source), and will eventually need to get a Facebook account, but only once I've sold at least one piece of writing.

13. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Diaspora? hmm... sounds interesting haven't heard of it.

14. Alee C.

Alee C. Valued Member Member

I'm not a member of Facebook, Myspace, or twitter, I am however a member of Yahoo, Ask Me Help Desk(an excelent site), and fanfiction.com(a site for people who like writing and reading fanifction).

I'm a member of Kijiji too:) but thats for selling and buying(another great site).

15. Red1313

hmmm
    is it fanfiction. com or .net .... I know I'm on 1 of those but not very often...

16. sirdarksol

sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

Ah, fanfiction. There was sort-of-recently a little brouhaha in the writing community about fanfiction. One author wrote this long, scathing essay about how horrible people who write fanfiction are. This has caused the writing community to become somewhat split. Some authors see it as a mark of pride that people bother to write something in the universe they created. Others see it as nothing short of copyright infringement, and want to take legal action against them.
    I like the anime/manga approach to fanfiction: Yes, we love it. Write more.

17. Kunsthure

Kunsthure Well Known Member Member

I'm on Twitter because that's how I promote my articles and photography (freelance). I refused to use MySpace and I also refuse to use Facebook. Twitter is about connecting with new people, MySpace and Facebook are all about collecting friends you already have.

-Lisa

18. OP
    OP
    Meenu

I just recently joined a writing/roleplay website as well. There is some fan fiction on there. I'm not writing much of it - my favorite authors are all against it. However, I am writing a Harry Potter story where I play Hermoine, and my writing partner is playing Harry. It's a little bit into the future, and we've tweaked the ending of book 7 a little bit. It's fun. :)

19. Red1313

It's always going to be one of those things that everyone agrees to disagree. As to copy-right... I'd argue that if you're not getting paid for it and you state that it's a work of fan-fiction and not original, then it isn't. I think it's fun to write and can be helpful to writing in alot of ways.

20. k

kayeleven Valued Member Member

I've got a facebook account, but I should cancel it. The only site I actively frequent is Fish Lore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice