So, ZeeZ got me thinking,

1. Dino

Dino Fishlore VIP Member

( scary ain't it.)

I am sure most folks here have heard the phrase - you are unique, just like everyone else-,sooooooooo

what makes you unique?

For me, being THE major mythological figure in Western culture AND a 19 million year old fish from Bernard's Star, it is obvious.

But this current body is ambidextrous ( except writing) and has the "furnace" gene ( oral temperature runs 99.8F all the time). I must consume extra calories, or I lose weight. Sadly, I tend to consumer more than I need.

2. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

For me, it is my severe deficiency with Vitamin D. I have the distinction of having no measurable Vitamin D when first tested. They had to repeat the test 3 times because they kept insisting that something was wrong with the lab, and went to other labs. Apparently no measurable Vitamin D is unheard of.

3. allaboutfish

allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

me and my sister pass out and doctors dont have any idea whats wrong. i passed out in kmart once and was rushed to the hospital. im also slightly anemic

4. H

Heather12404 Valued Member Member

I have a genetic lung disease called Cystic Fibrosis.
    I have deformed knee joints so my knee caps dislocate very frequently.
    I'm double jointed (or super flexible) in my elbows and knees.
    I get exercise induced headaches that no Dr. can explain.
    My fingernails are so think and white that most people think they're fake nails.
    I'm 34 years old and never had a single cavity.
    That's all I can think of right now.

5. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I have Stage 4 Endometriosis which meant I had a 0.05% chance of getting pregnant and I am now 15 Weeks pregnant with my miracle baby and I am also considered a little person seeing I am only 4'9".

6. L

Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Let's see,

I'm the opposite of Dino my bdy temperature runs low, around 97.9.
    I am a happy pessimist, I always can see the downside of things, and tend to expect the worst, but am quite humored by it.
    Because of hearing difficultlys as a child, I mispronunce some words ( very few people notice on their own though.) Mainly words with a double consenent in the middle .( button comes out but-in).
    I can read very well, and do have a nice sized vocabulary, but cannot spell for the life of me.( my brother is a genius and he can't spell either, so that makes me feel better.)
    In a face to face debate, it is hard to win aginst me ( believe me the hubby, coworkers and friends have all tryed) I like to argue.
    Given my outlook on things and fondness for argueing, I have suprisingly low bloodpressure,around 96/58.
    I like to learn about a varity of things, I want to know everything.

I was a daddy's girl, but never spoiled. I helped him fix the car and hang drywall.
    My father served in the military for almost 20years, but I wasn't a military brat, he left the service before I came along.
    I may or may not be slightly crazy. ( chris says that's why he loves me)

7. lea

lea Well Known Member Member

I differ from my surrounding human(iods) in that no one else can understand why i like fish so much.

That, and i hail from Betelgeuse. :;ufo

8. LockedBox

LockedBox Valued Member Member

Hgn, after all that stuff saying that I have autism doesn't sound nearly as unique as it usually does. you special snowflakes you.

But in all seriousness, I have a variant of autism called Asperger's Syndrome. In a nutshell, this entails hopeless social skills, a very gullible or literal mindset, difficulty in comprehending, recognizing and expressing emotion, social paranoia, a increased sensitivity to smell and an decreased sensitivity to sound, a lack of physical coordination, tone deafness, a short attention span, the ability to retreat into my own head for extended lengths of time, a compulsion to conduct habitual behaviors and desire for routine and, last but not least, an eidetic memory.

9. u

uphill4me Valued Member Member