So, ZeeZ got me thinking,

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dino, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Dino

Dino Fishlore VIP Member

( scary ain't it.)

I am sure most folks here have heard the phrase - you are unique, just like everyone else-,sooooooooo

what makes you unique?

For me, being THE major mythological figure in Western culture AND a 19 million year old fish from Bernard's Star, it is obvious.

But this current body is ambidextrous ( except writing) and has the "furnace" gene ( oral temperature runs 99.8F all the time). I must consume extra calories, or I lose weight. Sadly, I tend to consumer more than I need.

2. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

For me, it is my severe deficiency with Vitamin D. I have the distinction of having no measurable Vitamin D when first tested. They had to repeat the test 3 times because they kept insisting that something was wrong with the lab, and went to other labs. Apparently no measurable Vitamin D is unheard of.

3. allaboutfish

allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

me and my sister pass out and doctors dont have any idea whats wrong. i passed out in kmart once and was rushed to the hospital. im also slightly anemic

4. H

Heather12404 Valued Member Member

I have a genetic lung disease called Cystic Fibrosis.
    I have deformed knee joints so my knee caps dislocate very frequently.
    I'm double jointed (or super flexible) in my elbows and knees.
    I get exercise induced headaches that no Dr. can explain.
    My fingernails are so think and white that most people think they're fake nails.
    I'm 34 years old and never had a single cavity.
    That's all I can think of right now.

5. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I have Stage 4 Endometriosis which meant I had a 0.05% chance of getting pregnant and I am now 15 Weeks pregnant with my miracle baby and I am also considered a little person seeing I am only 4'9".

6. L

Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Let's see,

I'm the opposite of Dino my bdy temperature runs low, around 97.9.
    I am a happy pessimist, I always can see the downside of things, and tend to expect the worst, but am quite humored by it.
    Because of hearing difficultlys as a child, I mispronunce some words ( very few people notice on their own though.) Mainly words with a double consenent in the middle .( button comes out but-in).
    I can read very well, and do have a nice sized vocabulary, but cannot spell for the life of me.( my brother is a genius and he can't spell either, so that makes me feel better.)
    In a face to face debate, it is hard to win aginst me ( believe me the hubby, coworkers and friends have all tryed) I like to argue.
    Given my outlook on things and fondness for argueing, I have suprisingly low bloodpressure,around 96/58.
    I like to learn about a varity of things, I want to know everything.

I was a daddy's girl, but never spoiled. I helped him fix the car and hang drywall.
    My father served in the military for almost 20years, but I wasn't a military brat, he left the service before I came along.
    I may or may not be slightly crazy. ( chris says that's why he loves me)

7. lea

lea Well Known Member Member

I differ from my surrounding human(iods) in that no one else can understand why i like fish so much.

That, and i hail from Betelgeuse. :;ufo

8. LockedBox

LockedBox Valued Member Member

Hgn, after all that stuff saying that I have autism doesn't sound nearly as unique as it usually does. you special snowflakes you.

But in all seriousness, I have a variant of autism called Asperger's Syndrome. In a nutshell, this entails hopeless social skills, a very gullible or literal mindset, difficulty in comprehending, recognizing and expressing emotion, social paranoia, a increased sensitivity to smell and an decreased sensitivity to sound, a lack of physical coordination, tone deafness, a short attention span, the ability to retreat into my own head for extended lengths of time, a compulsion to conduct habitual behaviors and desire for routine and, last but not least, an eidetic memory.

9. u

uphill4me Valued Member Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice