So Ya Wanna Breed Plecos...

1. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

And not just the Bristlenose, though lord knows, the many varieties of the aquarium lines could keep you busy. Noooo, I'm talkin' the rare ones, the unusual species, the kooool ones! Well, you'll have to be at the Grand Valley Aquarium Club's April meeting on Saturday, the 8th. We will have Barbie Fiorentino, a.k.a. "Pleco Barbie", speaking on the many species of Plecos she has spawned. She is probably one of the most prolific breeders of Plecos in the USA, and is willing to share her methods and secrets to getting these sometimes obstinate fish to spawn in the aquarium.

GVAC meets at 7:00 PM, second Saturday of the month, at the Home School Building, 5625 Burlingame Ave SW, Wyoming, MI. The program follows a short business meeting. After the program there is usually a raffle, and one of the biggest "mini-auctions" I've seen at a fish club meeting, which will probably include fish, plants, and some dry goods. Very active club in Breeder's Award, which requires auctioning fry for credit, and especially advanced Horticultural Program, with many really great plants!

I put this in the Catfish section so that it would get more Catfish eyes, best place I could think of. If you do manage to get there, just ask for Darrell, a.k.a. Chromedome, and say hi!

2. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

If you can shout me a plane ticket ill be there. I wish there was something like that over here.

3. Zahc

Zahc Well Known Member Member

I was going to say the same thing. I'm almost tempted to fly over from Australia hahaha. It's perfect timing for me aswell, as i'm about to start setting up some tanks specifically for breeding L numbers.

4. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

Well, I'm much more closer to Michigan than from Austrailia and China, but it's still too far for me to go.

5. BluMan1914

BluMan1914 Well Known Member Member

Wow. Thanks for the info chromedome52. I wish I was closer so I could attend, it must be amazing. Hopefully one day there will be one like that here in Georgia. Besides that, I would love the opportunity to meet you and pick your brain.