So what other interests do you people have?

New Fish in Town

Most of the talk on here is about freshwater fish and there is some saltwater fish talk too. Since this is a general discussion forum, what are your other interests?

I play rec league outdoor soccer multiple times a week in the spring and fall. I've been buying NC State season football tickets since 1996 and used to buy men's basketball tickets for a while after they moved to PNC arena. I don't have a job right now, so I have wasted an entire day playing on the internet. I also like drinking craft beer. We have a lot of good micro breweries in Raleigh NC now.

Anders247

Coin and stamp collecting, baseball, football, video games..... fishing, reading, etc.
We have an Our Other Interests forum too:

New Fish in Town

Ah cool! It's always nice to have a general/politics/news forum no matter what your message boards main topic is. I actually find myself posting in those more than I do the sports forums on the NC State sports message boards. Maybe someday those forums will really take off on here too.

Anders247

New Fish in Town said:
Ah cool! It's always nice to have a general/politics/news forum no matter what your message boards main topic is. I actually find myself posting in those more than I do the sports forums on the NC State sports message boards. Maybe someday those forums will really take off on here too.
They used to have a Hot Topics forum on here, I have read, but it didn't work out.

New Fish in Town

So which forum does the breaking news like "Man dies in Corvette" need to get posted in?

How to escape a Corvette with a dead battery incase you are interested...

elliot5445

I collect Lionel trains, stamps, baseball card, and junk. I enjoy bike riding, working on small engines, mowing yards, lighting 36 sparklers at once (ill never forget it), working at a nearby organic farm, friends, movies, garage sailing, ebay, and kinda sorta fixing electronics.

BornThisWayBettas

Okay then, here it is!!! I enjoy Lady Gaga (obviously, you're the best Mommy Monster!), fish (couldn't have guess that one, could ya?), books (teen novels mostly), movies (comedy, but I'm finding that I like other stuff too), game apps (stuff like Everlove: Rose and Adventure Escape: Murder Manor), Once Upon A Time (that counts as separate from movies, right?), shopping (major shopaholic here, can't hold on to my money for long), clothes (uh yeah, high heels, makeup, you get the idea), surfing the web (MSN is one of my favorite yet most frustrating haunts), playing pranks and telling jokes (gotta keep the world funny), being weird (in my case, definitely counts), researching anything that I'm remotely interested in, singing (I'll start singing a song when the mood strikes me right), dancing (same with singing, I dance my heart out, cuz' the music and I are one), writing (I write in a journal every night, been doing it for a while now, couple of years at least)...... oh yeah, and Fish Lore haha!

Vulpes

I liek goats

New Fish in Town

I too enjoy ebay. I have a collection of all sorts of memorabilia from most of the FIFA World Cups and Summer Olympic soccer tournaments that the US Men's National Team has played in.

Rivieraneo

New Fish in Town said:
So which forum does the breaking news like "Man dies in Corvette" need to get posted in?

How to escape a Corvette with a dead battery incase you are interested...

Hello, here's a thread of interest for you:

Discussion about politics, religion, or extreme current events is not allowed on the forum. Thanks.

Lucy

Thread moved to Our Other Interests section of the forum.

ClearEyes

Films and filmmaking, primarily. Also music, basketball, football, and European style board games.

JMcRae

General Aviation pilot (as soon as I pass my check ride)
Fly various forms of Radio Control aircraft. Starting to look at taking video from the gliders
Competitive pistol shooter (on good days, rapid ammunition consumer on the bad days)
Connoisseur of small batch whisky and cigars
Used to slalom water ski, now I just drag the kids around on the inflatable.
Should be learning Spanish

Kasye

Video games, cosplay, and art are my major hobbies beside fishkeeping. I'm really into collecting collector's editions of video games, cool card decks (...mostly video game related, haha), and pewter figurines (dragons, knights, stuff like that).

I mostly make costumes from, I'm sure you can assume, video games. Right now I'm working on my first attempt at making armor for a cosplay from the game Dark Souls (which I'm OBSESSED with) and it's coming out FANTASTIC if I do say so myself.

BDpups

Cars, photography, movies, football ( love the NFL ) and my dogs.

JMcRae

Seahawk stadium. Loudest stadium I've ever been in

BDpups

JMcRae said:
Seahawk stadium. Loudest stadium I've ever been in
Me too ( century link field )

JMcRae

Was there for the Giants/Seahawks game in November several years ago.

Aquarist

My Baby Grand

Piano Smiley.jpg

MusicNotes.png

Ken

ClearEyes

JMcRae said:
Was there for the Giants/Seahawks game in November several years ago.
Haha, I don't like either team. Any chance that the game ended in a draw? ;D

JMcRae

Nope. Giants returned the kickoff for a TD (stadium got real quiet), went on to win

Aquarist

Good afternoon,

Please stay on topic.

Thanks!

Ken

ClearEyes

Oh, and one of my other interests is Fantasy Football. I play in a pretty hardcore, cutthroat league where every single member does their research. Anyone else?

Jswin

JMcRae said:
Connoisseur of small batch whisky and cigars
I second that JMcRae and I also try my hand at photography and I play music. Mainly guitar. mlb, nfl, and my dogs

BDpups

ClearEyes said:
Oh, and one of my other interests is Fantasy Football. I play in a pretty hardcore, cutthroat league where every single member does their research. Anyone else?
I've played for a few years now. 12 man league. I've never finished lower than 3rd. Thinking about getting out, but I know I'll catch grief.

Newbiee

Bow Hunting, fishing and competition archery for me!

platymum2801

Vulpes said:
I liek goats
I love goats. Someone pointed out that I'm a Capricorn recently and wondered if there was a connection! I'd never thought about it! I'd love to live in the country one day and have goats, a beautiful pond, aviary and probably a bunch of other animals and get into some fun outdoorsy hobbies. Lots of walking and discovering

powwow

Some of my interests are, horticulture, politics (a tory blue all the way), history, listening to the blues and southern gospel, going crazy on my piano and biking is a big one for me.

Slug

Photography, love my old guns, do a littttttttttttle bit of car stuff, anything DIY related to my hobbies, love watching sports (College football is my main past time, but a HUGE fan of the US Women's Soccer team. Been watching some hockey and pretty much everything but baseball really), gaming, and I really enjoy building computers (#nerdalert). Typical man stuff.

youngstermatt

I just passed my private pilot exam on Monday, so aviation is a huge part of my life (wouldn't be going to college for it if it wasn't). I also love fishing, hunting, mountain biking, airsoft, guns both old and new, guitar, and WWII re-enacting.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

watrlov

I love to draw and I also like to listen to music (mostly Marina and the Diamonds, Lana Del Rey, Halsey, Florence + the Machine & Melanie Martinez)

Future snail owner <3

BornThisWayBettas

bettafins24 said:
I love to draw and I also like to listen to music (mostly Marina and the Diamonds, Lana Del Rey, Halsey, Florence + the Machine & Melanie Martinez)

Future snail owner <3
Yes! I LOVE Lana Del Rey!

DoubleDutch

Folowing a beekeeping-course.

Flowingfins

Drawing, music(I play trumpet), listening to music(twenty one pilots, Alessia Cara and a couple others), reading fanfic's, writing fanfics, can't forget Netflix either

-Fins, sent from my iPhone using the fishlore aquarium app

thepianoguy

learning

piano

writing

music

a lot more....

philip165

Disc golf, robotics/coding, hiking, gardening, homebrewing...the list goes on and on

thepianoguy

youngstermatt said:
I just passed my private pilot exam on Monday, so aviation is a huge part of my life (wouldn't be going to college for it if it wasn't). I also love fishing, hunting, mountain biking, airsoft, guns both old and new, guitar, and WWII re-enacting.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app
what type of airplane are u flying???

air force or airliners or cargo?

Wolf65

For me my other big hobby is playing Golf, provides me always with a nice walk in the nature with some friends and cool beers on the way.....the score matters only secondary

shadowfish

hunting,fishing,trapping,soccer,fishkeeping,magic tricks (I'm getting pretty good!),some gaming...

thepianoguy

lol

here is me playing the piano

attackamazon

I like video gaming, especially RPGs like SkyrI'm and Dragon Age, fabric arts like crochet and inkleweaving, blacksmithing, and tabletop RPG games like D&D. Yes, I'm a nerd. I also read a lot and do some volunteer work for a mental health crisis center.

shadowfish

lol,I can crochet with the best of them!(even if I'm a boy...)
I love reading too!

Jaxsco

Football, Video games, reading, my fish of course, and animals in general.

platymum2801

Interesting to see quite a lot of musical people here.

I am very outdoorsy, enjoy walking, gardening, doing crafty things with the kids, and I love most animals and intend to keep goats and chickens in the future! Fish and goats are my favorite animals and someone pointed out to me recently funnily enough that I'm a Capricorn, represented in the zodiac as half goat half fish! Haha. I'm also slightly addicted to minecraft and skyrI'm on xbox 360 but don't play online

(I say recently, it wasn't that recent now and I think I probably said all this before anyway!)

platymum2801

I loved knitting when I was little my baby wears a lot of crochet and knit wear from nanny shadowfish

platymum2801

Wolf65

My Dad is a really keen golfer as are the rest of the men in my family, they all hold records in their golf clubs my little cousins are going very far in golf winning various competitions and what not. I never got the hang of it myself but still enjoyed nights at the driving range with the old man <3

philip165

platymum2801 I used to have pigmy goats and Rhode Island Reds at my last house. What a great time that was.

Also, skyrI'm is fantastic, I played that game for a solid year and a half, and have recently been introduced to minecraft. I'm addicted as well.

platymum2801

You're so lucky philip165 we live in London,England and have literally zero outside space right now but we're currently house hunting in the countryside.. wahooo my dreams will hopefully come true.

Have fun with minecraft! My daughter and little brother are on it right now blowing stuff up with tnt!

philip165

platymum2801 I was living out on almost 30 acres out in the country back when I was still living with my parents. I recently got married and moved into the city for work (we both work on opposite sides of Charlotte, and technically my wife's job is in South Carolina.

I will say, I intend to move back out into the country whenever I can, hopefully somewhere out on the western side of the US where the weather is more to my liking and mountains are abundant.

Whitewolf

thepianoguy said:
learning

piano

writing

music

a lot more....
Guitar?
I play drums and electric rhythm guitar......

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom