so what do you guys do with all your dirty water?

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was just wondering what all you guys do with your old water after water changes? I just take it all out to a huge potted rose bush out front and dump it in there. the lucky thing gets about 10 gallons of water every friday, and makes the best smelling roses ever. a single rose makes one room smell sooooo good! =D

angelfish220

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I water all my upstairs potted plants with it. That way I don't have to lug water up the stairs.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
angelfish220 said:
I water all my upstairs potted plants with it. That way I don't have to lug water up the stairs.
unfortunatly, I have to drag it all thru the house, but only at 3 gallon incraments (that's still heavy tho >.<)

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Honestly? I huck it out the front door to either side of the stairs, more commonly the left side because that way I can block my daughter's escape attempts. There's a nice big hole from where the water has washed away the dirt. The 5 gallon's water goes right into the sink since it sits beside it. The QT's water gets hucked out the back door. It's all about convenience here. ;D

-Lisa

kayeleven

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I normally use it to water the garden. But, if I do my water change on a rainy day then it just goes down the toilet.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Kunsthure said:
Honestly? I huck it out the front door to either side of the stairs, more commonly the left side because that way I can block my daughter's escape attempts.
-Lisa
lol I would be that mean mom that puts pointy things under my kids' bedroom window XD or bars over it... I like bars lol

BrandiC

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well I don't have any potted plants but the easiest thing to do with mine is chunk it out the window into the grass. Or, not sure if this is good or bad, I sometimes put it in my dogs water bowl. hehe I think that's okay right?

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BrandiC said:
Well I don't have any potted plants but the easiest thing to do with mine is chunk it out the window into the grass. Or, not sure if this is good or bad, I sometimes put it in my dogs water bowl. hehe I think that's okay right?
as long as its not too gross, I don't see anything wrong with that. or if its gor chemicals or medications. then I wouldnt

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
if i'm doing the 20 gallon, I struggle and sway as I carry the 5 gallon bucket up a few stairs, to the door, down a few stairs, across the patio and then kicked over in the lawn. a 5 gallon bucket isn't really too light.

once I tried to take it to the sump hole in the basement,(only down a few stairs from where the 20 gallon is) but that was worse...trying to get around all of my husbands wood shop tools. I almost spilled the whole thing.

come to think of it, I did shlosh a big wave of water on the carpet as I was heading outside once. I have to put it down several times before I make it to the lawn. i'm such a lightweight.

for the rest of them, 2.5 gallon, 5 gallon and 10 gallon, the water is dumped down the sink usually.

i'm thinking of getting a python for the bigger tank...and for my big, big tank in the near future.

AlyeskaGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Honestly, I dump the buckets of dirty water down the toilet but now I have a hose to hookup to the sink so won't be doing that as much.

proudtobeafarmgirl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I water my houseplants, garden and outside flower pots - good stuff in there for them.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
proudtobeafarmgirl said:
I water my houseplants, garden and outside flower pots - good stuff in there for them.
yuppers! my bamboo gets the tank water too (tho it gets too much sunlight, so its fried beyond repair and looks pathetic... I can't bring my self to throw it out, either T_T)

BrandiC

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Akari_32 said:
as long as its not too gross, I don't see anything wrong with that. or if its gor chemicals or medications. then I wouldnt
Nope, never to gross. And nothing wrong with the fish. So were good :]

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Once every other week, my three roses out front get almost 10 gallons of nice fishy water in addition to their usual rose food. On the off weeks (when it doesn't go on the roses), it goes on my hibiscus that grow pretty much wild on the north side of my house (imagine...flourishing hibiscus with 9" flowers growing without any help in Northern Arizona...I seriously have the ONLY outdoor hibiscus ANYWHERE in my area).

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I dump it just to the right of my back steps. Oddly enough the plants that are growing there look like a jungle now. Must be some good nutrients in there for them.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I use all of my siphoned tank water for out door plants. Fish waste is a great fertilizer.

Ken

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I use it to water the outdoor plants. And if my daughter is annoying me, I splash some on her just to gross her out

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bassbonediva said:
(imagine...flourishing hibiscus with 9" flowers growing without any help in Northern Arizona...).
O.O oooooooooh! drool we use to have one of those, and the iguanas we had at the time looooved them! XD

jclee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm another indoor-plant-waterer, but since I change more water than I have indoor plants, the rest goes in the toilet.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BrandiC said:
You make your dogs drink fish waste? :shock:

Mine automatically goes down the sink.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads