So what do YOU feed them?

bhcaaron
Details, details, details! Brand? Type? What kind to which fish? How much? How often? Treats? Have you changed? Why? Live food? How?

Callum The Cat
bhcaaron
What did you feed them before that you noticed a color change?

Callum The Cat
yep it emphisis there colour

Peace Out Callum!

bhcaaron
Ahem~
What did you feed them before that you noticed a color change?

Callum The Cat
opps I feed them vegetarian pelletes

Peace Out Callum!

atmmachine816
I feed mine vegie flakes from Omega one, new life specturm marine formula pellets, san fransico bay brand frozen bloodworms and also brine shrimp

bhcaaron
Anyone have pics of bloodworms?

MrWaxhead
Not off hand, I could take some pics of some tomorrow when I thaw some out and drop em in the tank though.

bhcaaron
;D Thanks!

MrWaxhead
I found a pic of one online for the time being.

clear.gif

bhcaaron
Eeeeeeeeeewwwww!

MrWaxhead
My fish would disagree hehe

bhcaaron
LoL, hopefully only THEY do! lol ;D

bhcaaron
Variety For Their Tummies

So I was reading that variety in food types for each fish is required to maintain a healthy fish. Some illnesses and syndromes can occur due to lack of variety.

What variety do you provide? Can you be species specific? (ie for my I feed him x and y and z)

leximommy
lol I agree...eeewwww..... hey heres a question.... I feed my Freshwater fish freezedried bloodworms, and on the bottle it says...."do not touch with hands and do not inhale any dust....." not that I'm stupid enough to do this but why does it say that? lol

bhcaaron
lol I agree...eeewwww..... hey heres a question.... I feed my Freshwater fish freeze dried bloodworms, and on the bottle it says...."do not touch with hands and do not inhale any dust....." not that I'm stupid enough to do this but why does it say that? lol

Ahahahahahaha... You KNOW I'd be the one going SNIFF SNIFF! ahahahahahahaha

I suppose there may be bacteria in it that you don't want growing in your sinus. I guess lol

atmmachine816
I believe it has something to do with the way it is made. I've read that freeze-dried isn't real good for your fish since it is not processed very well, particularly lots of dust gets in the food. Whether it's true or not I"m not sure though I don't use it because I tried it once and my fish won't eat it.

For freshwater:
Every other day they get veggie flakes or tropical flakes and bloodworms once or twice a week for a treat.

For Saltwater:
Veggie flakes four days of the week, and three days of the week bloodworms.

bhcaaron
Does anyone have eels? What do you feed them? What about Lion Fish? One of my fav's. What do you feed them? Anemones? Do they actually chew their food? lol jk What about filter corals and inverts? Do you spot feed them? What with?

atmmachine816
Eels lionfish you can feed them live fish for variety but it's usually cheaper to buy frozen prawn or sometimes shrimp from a grocery store or other meaty foods. Anemones varies from each one to each, agansoo has some I believe. filter corals simply filter, you can add liquid food to the water column if you want but then you can run into the problem of too much food leftover. I have button polyps and I spot feed them with frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp and they pick up flakes sometimes when they float by them.

bhcaaron
Cool! If you ever have the chance to video them actually snatching something I'd love to see it.

atmmachine816
ya I've been meaning to do that for ahwile now.

bhcaaron
Well can you mean it a little harder lol jk

atmmachine816
I could but what good would that do

Gozer_1
lol I agree...eeewwww..... hey heres a question.... I feed my Freshwater fish freezedried bloodworms, and on the bottle it says...."do not touch with hands and do not inhale any dust....." not that I'm stupid enough to do this but why does it say that? lol

Some people have an alergic reaction to bloodworms. I'm not sure what the reaction is but I don't think it's very nice. Well that's all I know about that.

I feed my Saltwater fish Ocean Nutrition Flakes, frozen brine, frozen bloodworms, and San Francisco Bay frozen Omnivore cubes. I feed them each kind on kind of a random schedule. I don't have any system to which kind I feed. I just make sure they get a good mix. I also use Two Fishes ZoPlan some but I just started using it since I got Zoanthids.

The Freshies get pellets, flakes, lettuce, bloodworms and earth worms on a no system basis also.

bhcaaron
Thanks Gozer

atmmachine816
O yea that's right gozer, on the package they do say some people may have an allergic reaction though they just say to wash your hands afterwards. Wonder if you would still have one even if you washed your hands.

Gozer_1
O yea that's right gozer, on the package they do say some people may have an allergic reaction though they just say to wash your hands afterwards. Wonder if you would still have one even if you washed your hands.

I don't want to find out. I only touch them with the plastic they come in. YUCK. Grossest food on the fishy menu, from a human perspective.

bhcaaron
Slimy, yet satisfying.

Top Bottom