So What Did I Get?

Ol_Smoke

IMG_1054.jpg
IMG_1044.jpg
IMG_1060.jpg
IMG_1047.jpg HI everyone this is my first post here so I hope everything works right. I have been looking for a Siamese algae eater for a few weeks and knowing and studying pictures I was never convinced what I saw at fish stores ones what I was looking for. I had my local fish store ordering them for me and I ask he tried to be as short as possible as to what he was getting and I gave him the scientific name. They showed up this week so I came in but they were still in the bags they were delivered in and very stressed and little color making identifying them at the store very difficult. I didn't want to feel like I wasted his time so I purchased one and said I would wait to see it color up to make sure it was the right species. I've had him 5 days now he's covered up but I still can't convince myself so I thought I would ask you here. So what do you guys think is it a true SAE or is it one of the several species is confused for I.E flying fox Chinese algae eater false Siamese algae eater and I thinking there's one more. What say you? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 73

SomethingsFishy1

Looks like a SAE to me

TexasDomer

I *think* it's an SAE. What size tank do you have? SAEs should be kept in groups (though false SAEs/flying foxes should not).

Ol_Smoke

It's 75g, my hope was once I could be sure it was I would pick up and maybe keep 4? But I didn't want 4 of a fish that won't like being together if I was wrong. This here: Calling All Siamese Algae Eater Owners! is actually what is making me questions What I have

TexasDomer

What else do you have in your tank? 4 would be fine in a 75 gal.

TexasDomer

You have some stocking issues, if you'd like to discuss them

MikeRad89

100% SAE

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Marijn Lange
Replies
Views
Mcasella
Replies