So this is kinda funny

1. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

I am taking off to FL for 5 days. My b/f who is the one left to feed the animals while Im gone is really not my first or second choice to feed the fish.
    When I come home with new fish he says to me, "have they eaten yet?"....
    So, I made these packages for him while Im gone for feeding (and hid all other fish food).
    When I went over it with him to show him that each package was labeled, etc... for each size tank he says, "what do you think, Im 10 years old?". You can guess what I wanted to say ("um, no dear, you just like to feed and feed and feed some more")

Attached Files:

2. Melissawater Member Member

Lol yes fish do have a way to beg for more and more food!

3. 10gallonmadness Well Known Member Member

Haha. Funny how our fish train us instead of us training them.

4. Shadowbeam Member Member

Haha! fantastic idea though! I think we all dread leaving our beloved fish in the care of people who don't realise how little they need to eat hehe.
    My partner thinks i starve my fish, when really I give them plenty ><

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:;rl Good job Beth.
    When I went away, my husband fed the fish. I measured out everything too.
    He was glad, he has no idea how much to feed.

Have a great time!

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;rlgreat pic!!!!! this is why i dont go away..and when i do on the occasional weekend, I make him feed his africans only..the rest will wait for me!!!!!!!

7. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

I would have left them without food but i'll be gone for 5 days and HE asked about feeding the fish. I said he could feed them twice in the five days and he said, but you feed them everyday ( i guess the twice a day goes unnoticed)------so that's where we are---once a day presorted food and labeled. UGH
    I hope everyone is still alive and well when I get home on Sunday night.

8. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

have a great trip!!!!!! im sure they will be fine..other than missing you!! seems our guys dont talk to them and give them the attention like we do ;)

9. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

Hardly a fun trip, family junk.
    my guy will not ever be trusted with food for the fish. the dogs and the cat? i have no choice.

10. speed0factory Member Member

haha good one, i think i should do the same thing as you cos all my fishes had gone fatter these few days. haha

11. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

When we go out of town, my parents usually feed my animals. However, since I've gotten into fishkeeping, I may have to get my fishkeeping friend from my LFS to take care of the tanks. My mother doesn't know the difference between tropical community and cichlids. With the basic foods, we have five different types that go in the different tanks. That's not even including the spiriluna, bloodworms, etc that they get a few times a week. I wouldn't even attempt to try to get my mother to feed my JD's the live food they get a few times a week. Although, the visual of her trying to catch convict fry is quite amusing.