So This Happened Today

sassymomma

Image1520810577.864258.jpg
Image1520810615.163837.jpg

Totally unplanned of course. I went in for Prime, spent 10 minutes looking at him, and picked him up on my way out.

Now I need to find space to set up the barracks and name him lol

Haasio
oooo he looks great :>

To me, he looks like a cambodian veiltail with a bit of iridescent?

Fanatic
You didn't stick to your list, do you think?
Ha! I always love an impulse purchase.

KimberlyG
Oh you didn't...! layful:layful:layful:
Congrats on your new guy. How many does that bring you up to? lol

sassymomma
Unfortunately, only two

I was wiped out in November but managed to save my daughter’s female because she wasn’t in the sorority or the barracks

So I have her, and this one, whom I just bought out of the $20 I got for my birthday

I’m looking for a razor blade, to see if I can strip the dividers from the barracks....the sections are only 2.5 gallon each, and I no longer need to hold that many in one tank. I originally built it for incompatible girls from the sorority.

If I can get the dividers down, I can give him the whole tank. If not, I’ll barracks another male on the opposite end and put shrimp in the middle

KimberlyG
Unfortunately, only two

I was wiped out in November but managed to save my daughter’s female because she wasn’t in the sorority or the barracks

So I have her, and this one, whom I just bought out of the $20 I got for my birthday

I’m looking for a razor blade, to see if I can strip the dividers from the barracks....the sections are only 2.5 gallon each, and I no longer need to hold that many in one tank. I originally built it for incompatible girls from the sorority.

If I can get the dividers down, I can give him the whole tank. If not, I’ll barracks another male on the opposite end and put shrimp in the middle
Oh NO! (I was off for a while, kinda got disenchanted with a few folks, so I didn't see your troubles.) My dividers come out pretty easily so I have no advice there, but water volume is the key so he should be alright. Again, I am so sorry. I had no idea you were going thru that. You had such beautiful tanks. I was just excited to see a recognizable name from months ago, so many have been MIA. Good luck with this guy!

Lucy
Congrats! I swear bettas have a special power that pulls us to them.

sassymomma
I can’t get the dividers down ( plexiglass, custom-built and silicones in lol)

I don’t take half measures when I build a tank lol!

Last time I ran this tank I had filter in each section but I threw the sponges out after the columnaris so I’m trying to decide which two sections to overlap the hob into. It’s a 50 gallon hob so my usual overkill but I can slow it to a trickle and swipe media for instant cycle

I still have my sorority tank, but with 4 guppies in place of the Bettas

sassymomma
There we go
Image1520818615.033322.jpg
Image1520818673.683521.jpg
Image1520818699.702410.jpg
Image1520818824.284261.jpg
I think I will call him Firebrand

He’s feisty

I thought he was flashing, then I realized he was attacking his reflection on the floor of the tank. So I’ll use the middle compartment as a buffer zone and plant it ...maybe add shrimp in a couple of months when the tank is matured. I grabbed my two sponges from my 38, so I’ll have to go play with the filters there now lol.

Mcasella
Red with a blue iridescence, good name choice!

sassymomma
Well, I’m glad I used the sponges!

I was watching Firebrand to make sure he ate just now and just the tiny little sponge he has in there catches his long fins and pulls him tail first to the surface..... a waterfall would have blown him around the tank

The blue my daughter had had about 2/3 the fin length and loved current...but I recall him always tearing them up through overuse and he suffered recurring finrot for his last year. With that in mind, I’ll have to really watch what I add to this tank. Right now I have only the coconut hut and a few pebbles but I will probably pull the hut in favour of something newer like a potted leafy plant

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Steven Donnison
Replies
Views
Loachlover357
Replies
Views
Cheesecake
  • Question
Replies