So There is This Betta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Tman2902, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Tman2902

Tman2902 Valued Member Member

Disclaimer: This is not one of my fish however it does have ties to two of my bettas (dumbo and double tail) they are all from the same lfs. However as you can see in the photos attached that this guy was not as lucky as mine.
    Tank is fully cycled, they have been treating him for fin rot and have been treating the eyes as a fungal infection with no success. The betta is still active and eating. Although he suffers from fin rot and some sort of eye issue, although he can still see. Or at least we think he can since he comes to the glass when someone approaches the glass and is able to see food.
    Can anyone tell what is wrong with this fish?
    Thanks
    -T

Ps my apologies for the condition of the photo.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Who's betta is this and what are the water parameters and what test kit is being used?

3. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

From what I can tell it looks like Popeye. That's from high nitrites I believe. Not completely sure on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. BornThisWayBettas

5. OP
    OP
    Tman2902

Alright and for the record its my buddy's muster gas or something like that. We couldn't figure it out and he is not a member of the form (I'm trying to get him to join). I'll tell him what you guys said. He recently relocated the fish from a "betta bowl" to a 5.5 planted tank so we will have to see if that helps him. Does popeye cause the eyes to turn whiteish?
    Thanks everyone!
    -T

6. BornThisWayBettas

7. OP
    OP
    Tman2902

Kind of he has white on top of them hence why we thought fungal but they also are popped out like popeye. It was probably a long time between water changes and since there was no filtration the tank probably did not eliminate waste effectively. I will share your knowledge with him and see what happens.
    Thanks
    -T

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

8. BornThisWayBettas

No problem, best wishes for his betta! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice