So plain!

FishKing
I have a pair of angelfish that I have had for for years. They are currently being kept in a 30 gallon planted tank. This seams so plain just the two of them. I am thinking about getting a small school of about 4-6 Harliquin Rasbora. What do you guys think about this. Give me some other alternitives too. I am just waiting until the pair breed again and do something with the fry to add fish.. I do not want them to give birth when there are other fish in the tank.

Shawnie
I have heard that angels can turn into rotties when they have babies...hmmm aggressive parents aren't very tank friendly

FishKing
But I am going to get the fish after the parents give birth and we do something with the fry.

Shawnie
ahhhhh okies

COBettaCouple
MissMTS
I have a school of gold tetras and cories in my 29 gallon with my angels and so far everyone has been doing great together. I would just stick with larger tetras or rasboras. Don't get small ones because they might end up as yummy angelfish snacks

FishKing
Such as??

COBettaCouple
We put some platys and guppies in with our Angel, Fred and it's working out really well.

TheEssigs
I also keep my angels with my livebearers...

what about adding some cory cats, they are active and interesting, and shouldnt pose any problems to/from your angels.

dvm
Sabi
Neons are more likely to become snacks!
Black tetras, cherry barbs, harlequin rasboras, mollies, guppies, are good tank mates for angels.

Just one thing tho, after you take the fry away the parents will breed again after a while and the aggressivness will be back....

Allie
I have heard that angels can turn into rotties when they have babies...hmmm aggressive parents aren't very tank friendly
They are definitely not "angel" fish. > Especially in breeding mode.

Barbrella
I do not want them to give birth when there are other fish in the tank.

It's a very good idea to have some target fish in with breeding angels. They have a very strong instinct to protect their eggs, and with nothing to take out their aggression on they may turn on each other.

Fast, larger tetras are a good choice. I kept lemon tetras with some breeding angels I had.

FishKing
SabI I have a divider for the tank.

Sabi
Ah, that's good.

It's a very good idea to have some target fish in with breeding angels. They have a very strong instinct to protect their eggs, and with nothing to take out their aggression on they may turn on each other.

Fast, larger tetras are a good choice. I kept lemon tetras with some breeding angels I had.

Very interesting Barbrella.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cricket lynn mclean
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
TheAnglerAquarist
2 3 4