So, my white worms and my grendal worms came...

Homeslice

Well Known Member
Reaction score
And I set them up just like people advised on the many youtube videos I watched. Used organic potting soil, placed some dog food both below and on top of some plastic lattice-like piece, made sure the dirt was nice and moist. Not wet, but moist.

When the worms came, I saw none in the dirt they came in. Now, over a week later, I still see none. All I see is the dog food mildewing and growing funny molds and what not. But not a worm in site. Unless the below are white worms, but I think that is just fungus haha.

Any idea what could be going on? The white worm cultures and grendal worm cultures came from two different sellers on ebay.

Thanks.

mbkemp

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I would get that mold out of there. Dog food does not work for me. I use bread with organic Greek yogurt and a little bit of yeast. I find that me white worms like wet soil. They also like it cool

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have my white worms in a small plastic container with fine-grained oatmeal soaked in water (medium to thick, don't make it runny) and a pinch of yeast, covered with a loosely fitting lid to keep flies etc. out. Works like a charm.

I've heard this method used for grindal worms (but no personal experience with either them or this method) but I haven't heard anyone trying this with white worms, not sure if it works at all or if you did something wrong.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you saw no worms in the starter culture, then odds are something went wrong before you got them. Maybe the seller forgot to put the worms in, or perhaps they died in transit. If they were shipped during warm weather, white worms would very likely die quickly.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom