So much space...any ideas?

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Very nice tank! Driftwood always comes in different sizes as well at the pet company sites, petsmart in particular, has some nice resin tree trunks and rock formations. Tall plants would also fill some space. Your tank looks nice and clear and very vivd colors! Nice!

teddybear22482

Valued Member
Reaction score
i have some plants that you buy in a package at walmart and just drop in and they strat growing in a few weeks, but I was afraid to put them in until after the tank cycled...Also, last time I bought some they were bad and got moldy after a few days in my other tank.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The anacharis floating at the top would be great for the tank right now.  The goldies will love to nibble on it, and it will help keep the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels down some while the tank is cycling.  

What are you gonna do with the goldies after the tank is cycled?

teddybear22482

Valued Member
Reaction score
Good! I will put them in today! Im not sure...probably give them to my 2 kids to put in their 5 gallon tanks...they each have a tank...nothing in them so i think one goldfish a peice will be ok...what do you think?

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Goldfish are very messy and need at least 10 gallons per goldfish. I don't think they would do well in a 5 gal. tank. You would probably have to do large water changes twice a week to keep them healthy in that small of a tank. Do you know anyone with a pond?

teddybear22482

Valued Member
Reaction score
No but Im sure I could put them on freecycle... I hate to see them go...they have such personallity! But Its really not feasible to keep them...I like to make the most of my space. Im getting 9 tanks and maybe Ill have one 10 or 20 gal to spare...

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If you could put them in one of your 20 gallon tanks, 30 gallons would be better, but they would be okay in that tank. They would require weekly maintenance on the tank though!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom