So Much Ducked...

TankGeek

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey all... so I find that, like most who keep the dreaded duckweed, and despite running low tech tanks with low bioloads, that my tanks are over run with the stuff. I used scoop it out of my 5g and 20g and dump it into the 100g, as for some reason it would mysteriously disappear in that tank. However since taking the 100g down and restarting it, suddenly the duckweed grows there too. Anyway, it seems so wasteful to just throw it out. I was wondering what other people do with their excess duckweed? I have seen YouTubers who turn theirs into fish or shrimp food. My attempts at recreating such recipes end in a mushy weedy mess, a lot of swearing and me unceremoniously throwing the food processor, duckweed concoction and all, in the sink. Any ideas other than starting a pond?

Salem

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Most people I know who have too much will just sell it or give it away

Robes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My tanks use to grow duckweed like crazy but for some reason it just all started dying off. I've been trying to get it to grow in my tanks now and it just wont

MaximumRide14

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I pull it out and leave it in a cup until it completely dries out before throwing it away. I've found that this makes it much easier to get rid of. You can't really sell it unless you put a really cheap price on it, so I've resorted to just occasionally thinning it out of my tanks.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom