So. Much. Algae.

Jakkie

My boyfriend and I started using Seachem Flourish Advance a few week ago and our plants are doing great but green furry looking algae starting growing so quickly on everything. Our poor little lone nerite snail is useless to all the algae that instantly started growing. We stopped putting that in this week because its out of control. We just got a new filter last week and the new media that's in there is also all covered in furry algae. We leave our light on for 6-8 hours a day. What can we do? I added some pics so you can see what I mean, its been maybe 3 weeks.
20190626_164515.jpg 20190626_164509.jpg 20190626_164452.jpg 20190626_164442.jpg

OP
Jakkie

Jakkie

Crispii said:
Have you seen your nerite eating the algae?
It eats the algae that's on the glass which is green but not furry. I haven't seen it eat any of this furry stuff yet.

OP
Jakkie

Jakkie

So it appears to be green beard algae. I read that stopping the plant nutrients might make algae grow more but that seems to be how it started so I'm not sure what to do. I also read its hard to get off manually so what do people suggest? I have 3 anubias plants in the tank as well as neon tetras, a betta, corydoras and a nerite snail so I don't want to dose anything that could affect any of them. Tips anyone?

OP
Jakkie

Jakkie

Crispii said:
Hydrogen peroxide.
Do I dose the tank with it or clean the affected areas? If i'm doing the tank then how much do I do? Its a 10 gallon tank.

New Threads