So many Issues Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by candle, Apr 10, 2010.

1. candleNew MemberMember

Ok, I have lost 4 fish in last two week and about to lose another. I need help bad. First I start that I lost 3 fish in an uncycled tank and so I moved the rest to a cycled tank. This tank reading today 0 ammonia, 0 nitrate, and the nitrite is off the chart, blue. I use the drops so maybe someone can help me with what that means.
    Today my guppy die, looked like dropsy or something, one fin looked eaten away and it have white puff part of it body, I try to treat to no avail. Now my guppy fry 3month old is not moving much i can't see anything on it that look bad and my molly has been "depressed" looking for days. she is not moving and stay away from the other fish, but she is eating a little. All my other fish seem happy go lucky. help.....:;dk

2. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

3. ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

im also sorry :(
    blue for nitrite is fine tho!!
    I agre with the water changes to always make fish feel better...and the prime will keep them safe! Good luck!

4. candleNew MemberMember

fish are in a cycled tank i can 10% every other day.

5. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Oh, I read that but didn't process it. It's possible that those fish suffered from ammonia poisoning while they were in the cycling process.

6. GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

To my understanding your tank is not fully cycled if you aren't showing any nitrates at all, 0 nitrites is a good thing.

I am very sorry that you lost fish. Daily water changes with Prime saved me when I needed it, I am so glad I learned about Prime from this site, it's been the best thing for my tank.

7. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Okay, thanks for this post. I wasn't losing my mind! I knew there was a reason I thought the tank was cycling..

Candle, what is this neutralizer you are using? Listed in your tank info? A pH balancer?

8. candleNew MemberMember

the neutralizer is for ph, nitrite,s and nitrate balance, it takes out the ammonia, This is a 10 gal tank not the 40 that is on my profile and it has gone through readings of all ammonia nitrites and nitrates. What do you mean its not cycled with no nitrate reading, does it need to have one?

9. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice