So I’ve Got Guppy Fry...

River Gray

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I’ve been keeping my 7 female fry, more like juveniles now really, in my 10 gal shrimp tank and the 3 males from same brood in my 5 gal that has my cull (and the impossible yet still living “sick”) shrimp as well as an overrun of snails I have bought some assasins to slowly pair down more and more! I also have 3 adult male guppiesin my 30 along with others. I think my males are old enough to hold their own against the adults and not get beat up if they move into the big tank...
So my question is really A: are my adult shrimp in danger from the female guppies and if so how many can I reasonable move into the 5gal? and B: how many males can I put in my 30gal without having them becoming violent with each other or the other tank denizens?

I know ideally I would just replace the 5 gal with a 10, but that’s not an option currently T.T.... so please don’t tell me that, I know it and wish I could but can’t k?

FishFor2018

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think you can have 10 male guppies in the 30gal but just give them extra hiding spots and watch them. The Guppies can eat the shrimp. Do you have live plants in the 10 gallon? Can I get pictures of all the tanks?

OP
River Gray

River Gray

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Plants are on my shopping list and it looks like I’m going to upgrade the 5 to a 10 after all, as soon as I find one someone is giving away (shouldn’t take long it happens a lot around here :/....). Then I need to decide which store would be best to sell/give some of the female guppies and maybe a male to so I’m not overcrowded with guppies as the girls aren’t yet old enough to be bred yet. Old enough to get pregnant yes but can and should are different right! Lol !

New Threads