Status
Not open for further replies.

Jequila

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
And came back with a new Betta
I'll be taking pics soon, but I though I better post about this first... It took about an hour of floating his bag and putting tank water in the bag every 10~15 minutes, but he's in there now. He seems to be going to the surface a lot for air though? And kind of opening and closing his mouth when he's underwater. Does this sound serious, or will it go after getting used to his new tank? He's in the 50L tank with the corries until his 20L finishes cycling.

[edit] Posted a picture further down VVVV

Last edited:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats on the new Betta.
For now, just keep your eye on him, might be a bit of stress and needs to get used to his tank.
Can't wait to meet him

OP
Jequila

Jequila

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
How long should I wait to move him to the new tank? He's flaring at the cory cats and his tank is almost done. Would it be too stressful to move him in a day or two, or should I wait longer in between moves?

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yikes! That's expensive. Maybe you could order one on line. It's pretty important to have a test kit of your own so you know what's going on.
If you can, get your water tested tomorrow and ask the shop to write down the exact reading for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

I'm hesitant to advise you to put your betta in a tank that's possibly not cycled.
However, if he's getting aggressive with the cories, that would be a concern too.
Make sure there are plenty of hiding places for them.

OP
Jequila

Jequila

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah, they have plants to hide in
But the betta doesn't seem too energetic. Just hanging around the bottom and coming up every now and then. Maybe he's just not used to having filter current. I actually just found out that my filter is way too strong for my tank (this is after having it for a year...) So I'll be picking up a more suitable one soon.

I have found a site online where the test kits are only about $50, I'm going to ask my sister in law if she wants to go halfsies and share, hee hee!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah!!!!! Congrats on the new Betta!

If you can find an API (liquid) Master Test Kit that would be great. These tests are also sold individually so it might be a bit more comfortable on your budget. (if you can find them). I would recommend the ammonia test first if you have to decide which one to buy.
Best of luck and keep us posted.

Ken

OP
Jequila

Jequila

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
He actually has a light green metallic sheen on him, but it's not coming out in pics I'm hoping he becomes brighter once he's healthy, which is what happened with Takeshi last time.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Could be, they often colour up once they are in a good environment, and the camera NEVER does them enough justice - I have a beautiful purple CT who always manages to look pinky-red in pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 74 67.9%

Top Bottom