so I used to play video games to all hours

Oil_Fan
Instead now I'm here posting and talking about my Saltwater tank!!

2 months ago I would have been playing Star Wars Galaxies (think World of Warcraft but Star Wars). Now instead, I've spent a small fortune on getting my tank all setup and running. All I can do is learn more to make sure I don't make too many mistakes. Apparently I've substituted one hobby for another!! heh

Bonochick
If only you could teach your fish how to play video games.

COBettaCouple
Yea.. same here only with FFXII and KH2 until we got started participating in the forum last March. Now my PS2 is dusty.

Gozer_1
I try to blend the hobbies, my WiI is paused right now lol. Little of this little of that. Ok it's really a lot of this and not so much of that these days. I certainly have more money invested in this hobby.

I can not play WoW or Galaxies. I played EverQuest on PS2 for hours on end. It was like meth with out the tooth rot and dead brain cells (atleast not as many lol). Play for 12 hours straight or something stupid like that. It's the social aspect. You meet people and so want to visit your friends and play WoW. You feel guilty cause you haven't checked in with your Guild. lol VERY addicting... like this forum except without fish stories. I want the Ring of Tank Cycling and the Cloak of Tank Enlarging.

neverendingninja
Man, I wasted a good 3 years of my life on EQ We always called it EverCrack.

COBettaCouple
LOL, Evercrack.. I guess that's why I never played it. I figured I wouldn't stand a chance in the game against the hardcore players that lived in the game so I didn't bother to play it or any MMORPG.
Man, I wasted a good 3 years of my life on EQ We always called it EverCrack.

Gozer_1
Ahhh Evercrack. Yes, I still occassionaly have the urge to play. Sweet sweet Evercrack. The PS2 version wasn't even that great, but I played it hours and hours and hours. I ran to every place I could find. I was an explorer lol. A regular Troll Lewis and Clark. Making me want to fire it up and pay for a month. lol

COBettaCouple
Evercrack, you can not resist the power of the dark side!

King_Snuggles
Same here. My fish tank is right next to my computer, so ElI can watch me shoot korieans (Crysis). which by the way is AMAZING. I could never convince my self to pay a monthley fee to play a game. I do play guild wars but haven't in a while. (I was King Snuggles on that as well.)

COBettaCouple
I got a new PS2 game for Christmas.. still gotta start it sometime. lol.. it's right here by the computer and 4 of the tanks.. I need to go over to the nuclear reactor and grow a couple more arms.

o0Faraz0o
lol burn it!!! lol well I been hocked on video games since I got a computer I think it all started with Age of empires then went on to play station Nintendo soo on soo on until I got into these online games world of warcraft an guildwars **** few years playing them but hey since I got into fish keeping I play nearly no games only when friends around and that just the xbox 360. Now mostly spend free time looking up fish and taking care of fish I have been studying WAY!!! more its my final year at school so I'm hoping and trying to get something out of it... finger crossed.

And if I do good it means I can get a 70G tank!!!!!!! and a car!!!!! so it so worth it. I'm so getting a Oscar for that 70G ahhhh.

Oil_Fan
Same here. My fish tank is right next to my computer, so ElI can watch me shoot korieans (Crysis). which by the way is AMAZING. I could never convince my self to pay a monthley fee to play a game. I do play guild wars but haven't in a while. (I was King Snuggles on that as well.)
Ya I've heard that about Crysis. Right now I'm playing a bit of Call of Duty 4. That is also a great game. I'm still doing the single player stuff. I'd probably suck at online right now.

Oblivion
Hey Oil, hit me up if you have a gamertag. I play online ALOT. I own at it...level 54 ^^
My gamertag is ObIivion. Notice the capital "i" for an "L". I'll be glad to play with ya!

CPVFD325
I used to play Ultima Online like a crackhead....Then I got married and had a son....Now its the fish tank and geocaching.....I guess I'm a lifelong dork. lol. My wife calls me her fish dork. I don't know if its a compliment or not, quite yet......but hey look. its a dancing pickle. lol

Oil_Fan
Hey Oil, hit me up if you have a gamertag. I play online ALOT. I own at it...level 54 ^^
My gamertag is ObIivion. Notice the capital "i" for an "L". I'll be glad to play with ya!

I'll do that once I finish the solo play.

Oblivion
Ya, campaign is amazing. I'm trying to get the Veteran level achievements...I think One Shot One Kill is going to be impossible on Veteran.

ER9
Instead now I'm here posting and talking about my Saltwater tank!!

2 months ago I would have been playing Star Wars Galaxies (think World of Warcraft but Star Wars). Now instead, I've spent a small fortune on getting my tank all setup and running. All I can do is learn more to make sure I don't make too many mistakes. Apparently I've substituted one hobby for another!! heh

haha what server? same here. I played on eclipse from 04' just recently quit and set up my first aquarium. also wasted about a year of my life between EvE , WoW and recently EQII. I was getting hooked again on eqII so I cancelled that subscription after the first month.

Oil_Fan
haha what server? same here. I played on eclipse from 04' just recently quit and set up my first aquarium. also wasted about a year of my life between EvE , WoW and recently EQII. I was getting hooked again on eqII so I cancelled that subscription after the first month.
I play on Bloodfin. Mostly for the PVP but with all the extra content there hasn't been too much of that. And with bounty hunters not being able to track spies, I loose the biggest part of the game that I love.

I've played the game since it first came out back in 2003. In fact I was one of the betta testers for the game. I unlocked my jedI during the during the profession grind days. I then quit for a year when the hated NGE came out but then started back up a year ago. But for the last 2 months I've hardly played. I've been more interested in learning more about my Saltwater aquarium.

ER9
I try to blend the hobbies, my WiI is paused right now lol. Little of this little of that. Ok it's really a lot of this and not so much of that these days. I certainly have more money invested in this hobby.

I can not play WoW or Galaxies. I played EverQuest on PS2 for hours on end. It was like meth with out the tooth rot and dead brain cells (atleast not as many lol). Play for 12 hours straight or something stupid like that. It's the social aspect. You meet people and so want to visit your friends and play WoW. You feel guilty cause you haven't checked in with your Guild. lol VERY addicting... like this forum except without fish stories. I want the Ring of Tank Cycling and the Cloak of Tank Enlarging.

lol....and you will get NONE OF THAT and be happy. very true though. I knew so many people (including myself) that would log in and chit chat in guild for 2 hours and log out.

ER9
I play on Bloodfin. Mostly for the PVP but with all the extra content there hasn't been too much of that. And with bounty hunters not being able to track spies, I loose the biggest part of the game that I love.

I've played the game since it first came out back in 2003. In fact I was one of the betta testers for the game. I unlocked my jedI during the during the profession grind days. I then quit for a year when the hated NGE came out but then started back up a year ago. But for the last 2 months I've hardly played. I've been more interested in learning more about my Saltwater aquarium.

yeah serious. I was a bounty hunter for a long time as well. I quit for a year or so as well after nge and came back to remake my bio pets. got boring though because of the low population. my sub ran out last week. I think that game is just getting dated. i'm not sure any amount of new content will help. I think everyones just bored with it in general.

good luck with unlocking your force sensative aquarium skills....many master jedI around here that are so skilled. I think we need to nerf a few of these guys and girls. way overpowered IMO....can you imagine someone that can buffer pH while maintaining low ammonia and nitrates? force water changes? waaaaaaaaay overpowered.

Blub
Hi!

Even with my tank - Age of Empires 3 (I got both expansion packs!) is still one of the main things I do. My life revolves around AOE3, FL forums, Eating, Staring goggle eyed into my tanks (Which I only have two of - both in my room. Not bad for a kid...) and doing schoolwork! I really need to find a home for those platys and the guppy that just don't fit in my stocking plan...

Gozer_1
My WiI has been seeing some play lately. I picked up medal of Honor Heroes 2 to try out my Zapper on something more than Zelda targets. You know, the game isn't really all that great BUT the Zapper controls make all the difference. This is the second bad game made good by WiI controls that I have played. The other being Blazing Angels. MoH isn't a bad game. It's just not a good game either. The AI is AWFUL and there's plenty of "He can shot me but I can't shot him" to go around. Using the Zapper makes all that go away. It's the way FPS games were meant to be played. It's suprising how much a difference it makes. Does take a bit to get the hang of but the Links Crossbow Training game that comes with it will get that out of the way.

PS. Blazing Angels is one of the worst games ever. It can be irritating hard sometimes and the voice comments are the worst ever. I really mean ever. The other pilots make comments while you fly around but they are always off sync from the game. They'll be guiding you on an objective you finished 2 objectives ago. However, using a WiI nunchuk as a flight stick is a pure joy of video game control.

Oil_Fan
yeah serious. I was a bounty hunter for a long time as well. I quit for a year or so as well after nge and came back to remake my bio pets. got boring though because of the low population. my sub ran out last week. I think that game is just getting dated. i'm not sure any amount of new content will help. I think everyones just bored with it in general.

good luck with unlocking your force sensative aquarium skills....many master jedI around here that are so skilled. I think we need to nerf a few of these guys and girls. way overpowered IMO....can you imagine someone that can buffer pH while maintaining low ammonia and nitrates? force water changes? waaaaaaaaay overpowered.
Yes I have been working hard at unlocking my force sensative aquarium skills. Of course if I do it the SWG way, then many many fish will have to die. (for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, back in the day for SWG, you had kill a ton of creatures to finish grinding up your jedi...not real jedI like)

Xenomorph
That's one of the problems with multiplayer online games - I used to play ALOT of Call of Duty... the the UO addon came out... then CoD2... now Cod4... several hundred dollars worth of software gathering dust because games go out of fashion. Not to mention the hardware upgrades to keep up with the ever increasing requirements. Crikey, I even ended up running our clan forum and was close to being made a moderator for the recognised anticheat repository (allseeingcow for those in the know) before I finally realised that I had a family who weren't very happy with me shouting into a microphone in the loungeroom while they were watching a movie

hint: you get a lot more hugs 'n kisses when you give up the gaming and spend time with the missus

Gozer_1
I never played SWG but a few friends did. I remember one friend sitting for hours just dancing in a cantina. Dancing dancing dancing. Hours hours hours. Never looked fun to me because I saw my friends grinding away just trying to get ahead. Don't have the patience. I usually end up dropping any mmorpg character when it gets to the point that you need a godly amount of xp or whatever just to get that next level. I played WoW till it got to the point I needed a group real bad but could never find someone to help. I have a few friends there but they're all much higher level so I just drag them down if we want to play together. Meh, the computer I have isn't all that great for it anyway. Maybe when I get this box of parts I have put in a case and all that I'll think about picking it back up. Quit right before Burning Crusade. Everquest Online Adventure clearly the winner in time spent playing. It's so simple and right there on my TV and did I say simple. Simplicity is probably what killed it in the end but I enjoyed the heck out of it. I would really like to see the franchise revived on the PS3. It would sell me a PS3 much faster especially if I could use the same account I have and could keep my old characters. lol I would buy a PS3 ASAP if they announced Evercrack OA.

You hear that Sony. I will buy a PS3 within a month of you announcing EverQuest OA on PS3. I swear. ;D

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ER9
Replies
Views
CanadianFishFan
Replies
Views
tyguy7760
Replies
Views