So I might have got a new pup today.

1. krazyone2006 Well Known Member Member

So I went out to check my mail today and happen to see this little puppy running around in the middle of my busy street. I was able to kinda corner him and got him to let me pick him up(wasn't aggressive just really really skittish and scared). Got him back to my place and he seems like a nice little pup very calm and hasn't left my side since bringing him in. I am going to take him to my vet today and have him checked for a microchip seeing as how he had no collar on. I really love his brendel colored coat he is all brendel except a big white patch of fur on his chest. I am thinking he's a pitbull/shepard or pitbull/lab mix.

IMG_20140731_103248.jpg

IMG_20140731_103255.jpg

Lucky my Pitbull/Boxer mix does not seem to mind him and spunk my cat sniffed him and went upon his way LoL

2. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

poor baby looks scared but he is a beautiful dog. I also love the brindle coloring. You might want to check with local vets and the animal shelter and or the police to see if he has been reported missing. He looks like he has been well cared for in the picture. Alison

3. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

What a beautiful dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

He's awesome. Such a sweet face.

5. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

He's adorable! I'm glad you got him before he was ran over.

6. krazyone2006 Well Known Member Member

He loves attention LoL He's got a vet appointment at 3 so we'll see if he's chipped. I called around to the local shelters and emailed them pics too. Lucky my Pitbull/Boxer keeps trying to play with him and he just looks at her like what are you doing. LoL

Is it a bad thing if I might have picked out a name for him I have been calling him Axel for the last two - three hours. LoL

7. krazyone2006 Well Known Member Member

can someone delete this reply from this thread? I thought I had clicked in another thread sorry thank you

I have always liked aquatic lily plants how they shoot the leaves up to the waters surface, pennywort is nice so are corckscrew vals as a background or corner cover plant all are easy to grow and don't need a lot of light or ferts.

8. Delaneyw Well Known Member Member

Poor baby, but super lucky to have run into you! Very pretty markings. Love brindle coloring and that sweet face!

If the owner is found, consider fostering with a local shelter! You seem very caring and compassionate towards animals and your pets are showing great behavior for it.

I wish you lots of luck! Keep us updated!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

9. GgAcE Member Member

Brindle dogs are more & more common now days. We adopted a dobermin/Malinoise mix. He is now 9 months 75 pounds full of brindle. Similar to that dog but more "striped" I guess you could say. Honestly, if he HAS a caring home, the owners will be out looking for him. You have done your part. If no one comes forth or he isn't chipped, it sounds like he found an amazing forever home with animals that will play with him.

People like you help our society seem a tad bit more civilized. haha. For every bad animal cruelty post I see plastered on facebook, there is one equally opposite story else where.

Thanks for sharing with us. Best of luck in your future adventure with Axel!

10. krazyone2006 Well Known Member Member

Just got back from the Vet no chip and they think Axel is a Pitbull/Bulldog or Pitbull/Terrier mix. He is possibly 3-6 months old they said and gave him the normal look over. I held off on shots in case the owners come forward/Vet didn't want to chance double vacination. If the owners don't claim/come forward in a week he will get his shots and be fixed. He does not like to be on a leash at all at one point I thought I was going to have to carry him. LoL

11. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

He looks so scared poor thing. But such a sweetheart :) he's very pretty and I'm sure he will warm up to you quickly. I'm wondering if someone just dumped him. He doesn't look like the type that would run away, he looks to scared and insecure to be that way, I would think he would of just ran home after he got to far. You know what I mean?
    I of course hope not, that's just what went through my mind. I'm glad you found him tho and gave him a name lol :) I'm sure you will take wonderful care of him if he stays with you. Good luck!! And keep us updated :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app