So... I might have changed my stocking plans for the 30 gallon again.........

AverageAquarist22

Ok last time I change my plans because I actually have fish in my 30 gallon now. I picked up some brilliant rasboras from my LFS yesterday, and upon further research, discovered they get to be about 3 inches! Yikes. Luckily, my 30 gallon has plenty of swimming room for them and is pretty lightly stocked, I wasn’t even closed to finished when I got them. Right now, the stocking is 1 betta, 3 harlequin rasboras, (I’m going to get a few more when my LFS gets them in,) 4 brilliant rasboras, and 1 guppy. The two types of rasboras school together, which makes me feel better about having to wait for more. So, my thought was, what if I got a second 10 gallon for Pisces the betta because I don’t want her to get too stressed from the brilliant rasboras? I’ve heard bettas don’t really like boisterous, fast swimming fish, even if they’re peaceful, and I would feel uncomfortable having her in there with 3 inch fish anyway. Definitely not an excuse to get a third tank... haha. For real though, I was thinking a bristlenose pleco wouldn’t be a bad idea once I get Pisces set up in the 10 gallon! So the final stocking for this tank would be: x1 bristlenose pleco, x8 harlequin rasboras, and x5-6 brilliant rasboras. Again, the rasboras school together and are perfectly comfortable with each other, which is kind of funny to watch because the harlequins can hardly keep up with the brilliant rasboras! Let me know what you think! Does this plan sound ok?

Nikn

Moving the betta is a smart choice, she will definitely be happy. The 30 gallon won't be overstocked. What are you gonna do with the guppy. Guppies and bettas aren't the best tank mates because the betta can often times hurt or kill a guppy

Upvote 0

AverageAquarist22

Yeah, the guppy was a rescue fish from my friend... that’s another reason I want to move Pisces, because she doesn’t seem to like Marcus much. She hasn't been chasing him or anything lately luckily, but I’d still like to not have her in the same tank as him. I’m thinking of having him in there with them because he doesn’t seem to bother the rasboras, and I don’t know anyone who’d take him.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BottomDweller
Replies
Views
grump299
Replies
Views
Analisemcg
  • Question