10 Gallon Tank So I joined me the Betta club...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnyPuncher

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I decided I would contribute to the horrid Betta in a cup practice and liberated a Half Moon Betta from Petco. I had not really paid any attention to Betta fish in the years I have been in the hobby and had missed the variety in breeds - all I was familiar with was the common type until I started looking at pictures on fish lore.

So I hereby introduce Theseus and his new home. While the tank has been totally renovated the filter is fully cycled. The furball in the top left is Isis. The cats have taken a liking to watching the new kid.

200.jpg

And here are some close ups. Color is bad. I'm no fish photographer.

201.jpg

202.jpg

He seems to be enjoying his new home and really loves winding through the hornwort and picking at things.

So I'll be keeping a close eye on these forums and hopefully contributing as I learn more about these little guys. Not fully satisfied with the minimalist aquascaping but it sure is a different look for me.

OP
BunnyPuncher

BunnyPuncher

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Welcome! What a handsome guy. He looks so tiny in there, making like the intrepid explorer. Isis is very striking as well.
Isis and Theseus both say thanks!

aquariumgirl lauren said:
I love the way your tank looks its beautiful! I also think your betta is amazing . Just curious how big is your tank?
Tank is a 10 gallon. Glad you like the decor. I'm not sold yet but it is growing on me.

Thanks all!

OP
BunnyPuncher

BunnyPuncher

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've set up some dividers in the tank using the diy process (binder clips ftw!) and Theseus will have some never seen tank mates in a few weeks. Also going to pick up the petco bookshelf aquarium next pay day - so soon my home office will contain many bettas

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Awesome! These little fish have a way of working their way into your house . . . . .your office . . . . . .your kitchen . . . . . . .your bedroom . . . . . basically, the only place you're safe from them is your car! Lol

Tigerlily

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have one of the 6.6 bookshelf tanks... small but with lots of room for stretching fins! It houses Louie (betta) and a mystery snail wonderfully.

OP
BunnyPuncher

BunnyPuncher

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Love your tank set up! Beautiful blue boy you have there too.
Carol
He's still beautiful but he lives condo style now in a 20g long

Actually, since that video was taken his apartment was "upsized" to around 7 gallons as his snail neighbour (and new wife) now lives in the 10 gallon

He loves compliments. Not as much as he likes food, but he likes em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 17 19.3%

Top Bottom