So i have an empty 29 gal that needs stocking.. Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hey guys so I finally bought myself a bigger tank and was curious as to what in the world to put in it. Thanks.

vaughansr3

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If you have no idea where to start go to your local fish store and see which fish interest you the most and then go from there. The first fish that caught our eye was rummy nose tetras so we went for a community tank.
If you're going for a community tank I would go with some corey cats, rummy nose tetras and maybe some kind of platies or mollies. I would also add some otos or a bristlenose pleco for algae.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you have no idea where to start go to your local fish store and see which fish interest you the most and then go from there. The first fish that caught our eye was rummy nose tetras so we went for a community tank.
If you're going for a community tank I would go with some corey cats, rummy nose tetras and maybe some kind of platies or mollies. I would also add some otos or a bristlenose pleco for algae.
Welcome to the forum

That's an excellent idea - go to the store, take pictures of the fish that interest you, then post them here and we will help you sort things out.

OP
Justus

Justus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I was thinking perhaps gourami as a centerpiece along with maybe a couple of schools of somethings like barbs and Cory's?

OP
Justus

Justus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
How big does the gurami tend to get? And how big of a school of neons and barb's do you think would fit? Would tiger barbs be okay?

vaughansr3

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I would go with either a bigger school of the barbs or the neons because I like bigger schools of fish. They look more impressive in the tank and behave more naturally when they're in bigger groups. I agree with Jaysee, don't go with tiger barbs if you're going for a community tank. Keep a school of at least five fish to keep the schooling fish happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom