So I finally made use of my 3.5 gallon tank!

Fishkeeper25

Hi guys so recently I cycled and added plants to my 3.5 gallon tank! my stock: 3 male endler guppies, 2 female swordtails, sold for $0.50 each as feeder fish. and two ghost shrimp. it's been about a month and a half and everything is going good! I clean it 1 or 2 times a week.

Ghelfaire

Meat, I'm just going to warn you female swordtails get really big and are active fish so they need a lot of room.

WRWAquarium

Yeah I think the endlers alone are pushing it in such a small tank. The swordtails can't stay in there for long.

Fishkeeper25

I have a big tank I can move them to if they get too big but for now they seem to be doing good

georgelee1000

Stocking is fine tbh as long as the biological filtration is mature and developed.

Ghelfaire

Stocking is fine tbh as long as the biological filtration is mature and developed.
Female swordtails get 6". They can't stay in a 3.5 gallon aquarium

georgelee1000

Female swordtails get 6". They can't stay in a 3.5 gallon aquarium
3.5 gallon is 15 inch long I think? Yea it’s not ideal but I doubt it will grow to the maximum size in a small aquarium. Even if it does, I think it’s ok just not ideal.

Fishkeeper25

honestly they might be platies, im actually not sure because they were sold as ¨feeder fish" they kinda look like platies maybe
so i did recearch and im about 95% sure they are platies and not swordtails
and thendlers are wild guppies/ feeder guppies

Fishkeeper25

and as for the filitering this tank has been cycled for a year now. i had to re cycle it cuz i stopped using it for a while

Similar Aquarium Threads

5 Gallon Tank New tank mates
Replies
Views
Sb092
Replies
Views
Dogfishead
  • Ziggythecat
  • Snails
Replies
Views