So I Added An Anemone

Phish_Phan

***. Long story about new anemone hosting a non-clown, and thriving early on in my new-to-me tank

Well.... wasn’t planning for it yet, but the Anemone that I have been looking at long before I even had a tank came home with me 2 days ago. I went in and the guy mentioned it, and the other guy working there said someone was coming back that night to buy it that night so I bought it, and had them hold it since I had to get my kids to some things. When we came back a few hours later he was there talking to the guy about it, so they weren’t lying to me! I had to tell my kids not to mention the Anemone until the guy left!!

Anyways, I brought it home on the rock it was on, and it took 50 minutes of acclimation in the bucket, and then 7 hours for it to finally move off the rock.

I upset it..... occasionally trying to remove it from the rock etc. Putting it in front of a powerhead etc that they told me to try (I had to return their rock to them, and I certainly don’t have room for more rocks)

Anyways, it did lots of “weird” stuff. It folded up so much (not closed really) that I thought it was splitting and I panicked, checked my water for the 3rd time that day! I googled, and wasn’t sure if that was good/bad to have happen THAT soon in the tank, etc. At one point it’s foot was coming out two holes on one rock, but all while being nice and open and healthy looking.

Long story short, it is currently looking VERY healthy and happy. It likes it right under the filter where the water returns to the tank.

The strange thing...... I need to get my current Damsels out so I can get a couple black and white clowns and low and behold today I see one of the Donino Damsels backing into it over and over, and I am watching a movie with the kids and within about 2 hours this thing is happily hunkered down in my anemone!

Sorry. long winded, but I am new to this and this anemone is absolutely amazing to watch......

Lights are out in tank now, but here is a pic or two from earlier. I will get the Damsel in it tomorrow
First picture is where it is now, second is on the rock I transferred it into my tank on

3F7EF3D0-F46B-476D-A3CB-441ED6A197D5.jpeg
E7669967-95B8-4FA8-88AC-ED17054A9CCD.jpeg

Phish_Phan

7520081D-6721-4BC3-875F-578C82F8D165.jpeg Here is the best picture I could get of him trying to get cozy that I could get in the short time I had. He usually backs into him

Phish_Phan

That didn't take long..... just got a 75 gallon tank...... this hobby is gonna break me.

Wild Bill

Fun, isn’t it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Esimm03
Replies
Views
Lchi87
Replies
Views
Hnjustice91