So... got some new java moss, but...

Nickguy5467
new plants today . though i know nothing about the appearance of java moss in person. but im thinking maybe i planted like 80% dead java moss i dont know. i didnt think much of it at first cuz im a noob, but the more i look at it the more i worry

IMG_20200711_191523433.jpg

Blueberrybetta
Plants will go through the melting stage when added to a new environment. Are you dosing any ferts? Moss thrive best with added co2 and ferts

Rcslade124
Give it time I got a rope of moss it was brown once. Now it's a weed. You have green there fertilizer will help

Nickguy5467
Rcslade124 said:
Give it time I got a rope of moss it was brown once. Now it's a weed. You have green there fertilizer will help
thanks for the tip . i have hope again except the glue. i used way too much of that as you can see

Nickguy5467
Blueberrybetta said:
Plants will go through the melting stage when added to a new environment. Are you dosing any ferts? Moss thrive best with added co2 and ferts
yes i have both. i got them in the mail that way. you are looking at literally just planted picture.

Nickguy5467
aquarium co-op sending me replacement. so i guess im going to glue new mos next to old moss. and have more fun with glue mess , yay

also . is there a certain way you are supposed to section off the moss you're going to use off of the matt it comes on? i kinda just tor it off and glued a small clump

Rcslade124
U can glue it and take it off however you want.

Nickguy5467
Rcslade124 said:
U can glue it and take it off however you want.
cool. just making sure i dont 100% screw up

Rcslade124
I got a rope from Petco. Then just cut it down and added the cuttings to another tank and it's growing like weeds there also

kallililly1973
I would just use thread or elastics to attach the moss. once it attaches the elastic or thread can be cut off.

redmare
Just give it time! My java moss looked pretty awful for a few weeks, and now it's taken over my entire 5 gallon with no ferts or co2. Literally any way of keeping your moss near an object is fine- thread, glue, shoving it in a crack... enjoy

Latest threads

Top Bottom