Question So... got some new java moss, but...

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
new plants today . though i know nothing about the appearance of java moss in person. but im thinking maybe i planted like 80% dead java moss i dont know. i didnt think much of it at first cuz im a noob, but the more i look at it the more i worry

IMG_20200711_191523433.jpg

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Plants will go through the melting stage when added to a new environment. Are you dosing any ferts? Moss thrive best with added co2 and ferts

Rcslade124

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Give it time I got a rope of moss it was brown once. Now it's a weed. You have green there fertilizer will help

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Rcslade124 said:
Give it time I got a rope of moss it was brown once. Now it's a weed. You have green there fertilizer will help
thanks for the tip . i have hope again :p except the glue. i used way too much of that as you can see

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Blueberrybetta said:
Plants will go through the melting stage when added to a new environment. Are you dosing any ferts? Moss thrive best with added co2 and ferts
yes i have both. i got them in the mail that way. you are looking at literally just planted picture.

OP
Nickguy5467

Nickguy5467

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
aquarium co-op sending me replacement. so i guess im going to glue new mos next to old moss. and have more fun with glue mess , yay

also . is there a certain way you are supposed to section off the moss you're going to use off of the matt it comes on? i kinda just tor it off and glued a small clump

Rcslade124

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
U can glue it and take it off however you want.

Rcslade124

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I got a rope from Petco. Then just cut it down and added the cuttings to another tank and it's growing like weeds there also

redmare

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Just give it time! My java moss looked pretty awful for a few weeks, and now it's taken over my entire 5 gallon with no ferts or co2. Literally any way of keeping your moss near an object is fine- thread, glue, shoving it in a crack... enjoy :)

New Threads