So Far So Good!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Distortionist, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Distortionist

Distortionist Valued Member Member

I got my stand today! 2 canisters fit perfectly on the bottom. I am still waiting on some gear but it should look like this when done, with a co2 system in the middle gap. 2 inline co2 diffusers, in line heater, black background a UPS, and a second light is on the way!

I can't wait to order plants!

Attached Files:

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Looks good! It's always exciting watching a tank come together :). And I really like the spot; it looks like it was made for a beautiful tank!

3. OP
    OP
    Distortionist

Yes it does! I was very happy to relocate the stuff that was there for the fish tank, I was thinking is 55 too big? It was made to be!

4. OP
    OP
    Distortionist

I am ready! My only thing missing is the inline heater. Room temp is good for now so I ordered my plants and I am prepping the potting soil. This is my second tank. My first is only a couple of months old. I am very exited and nervous at the same time! Here is my setup!

20170810_175204.jpg 20170810_175210.jpg 20170810_175225.jpg 20170810_175234.jpg 20170810_175218.jpg 20170810_175241.jpg 20170810_175533.jpg 20170810_175814.jpg 20170810_175831.jpg

5. OP
    OP
    Distortionist

Almost there! I got more plants on the way but I like it so far and so does my daughter. One of my diffusers from AP Aqua is leaking so I have co2 to one side only, and the inline heater is taking forever to get here so I have one just hanging there for now. Once my new plants arrive I may have to move some plants around but its going well. I am happy with it for my first "real" aquarium (the first is my avatar, it is new too and tiny nothing like this setup).

I hate the moss on the wood, I couldn't find Christmas moss and went with pearl moss, but I hate it, and will replace it once I find a good place for Christmas moss, or any other better looking moss.

Here is what it looks like so far! :happy:

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice