Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

So Far So Good!

1. Distortionist

Distortionist Valued Member Member

I got my stand today! 2 canisters fit perfectly on the bottom. I am still waiting on some gear but it should look like this when done, with a co2 system in the middle gap. 2 inline co2 diffusers, in line heater, black background a UPS, and a second light is on the way!

I can't wait to order plants!

Attached Files:

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Looks good! It's always exciting watching a tank come together :). And I really like the spot; it looks like it was made for a beautiful tank!

3. OP
    OP
    Distortionist

Yes it does! I was very happy to relocate the stuff that was there for the fish tank, I was thinking is 55 too big? It was made to be!

4. OP
    OP
    Distortionist

I am ready! My only thing missing is the inline heater. Room temp is good for now so I ordered my plants and I am prepping the potting soil. This is my second tank. My first is only a couple of months old. I am very exited and nervous at the same time! Here is my setup!

20170810_175204.jpg 20170810_175210.jpg 20170810_175225.jpg 20170810_175234.jpg 20170810_175218.jpg 20170810_175241.jpg 20170810_175533.jpg 20170810_175814.jpg 20170810_175831.jpg

5. OP
    OP
    Distortionist

Almost there! I got more plants on the way but I like it so far and so does my daughter. One of my diffusers from AP Aqua is leaking so I have co2 to one side only, and the inline heater is taking forever to get here so I have one just hanging there for now. Once my new plants arrive I may have to move some plants around but its going well. I am happy with it for my first "real" aquarium (the first is my avatar, it is new too and tiny nothing like this setup).

I hate the moss on the wood, I couldn't find Christmas moss and went with pearl moss, but I hate it, and will replace it once I find a good place for Christmas moss, or any other better looking moss.

Here is what it looks like so far! :happy:

Attached Files:

Advertising