So excited! Tulip laid a 2nd clutch, 3x the size of her last one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD Angels

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So excited! Tulip laid a 2nd clutch, 3x the size of her last one!(pics)

So here I am, fussing over the honey gourami fry, and Tulip goes ahead and leaves me two delightful surprises!

I'm still not one hundred percent sure if they are even good, but i'll be prepared if they are.(I'm guessing around 200) I can't wait to see if they are because I have no idea what young man she had them with!

My two young apples, (who thankfully turned out to be NOT painted) a blue and a red/purple one were with her briefly, but I don't know their gender. She is the common yellow/gold variety. When I bought her, she was with yellow and wild type apples.

So exciting!

EDIT: Oops! I forgot completely - I bought a wild type along with her, but it died about two weeks later. She thrived, and it barely moved. I seperated them and only knew it was dead when it began to smell I don't think it had it in it to reproduce, but yah never know.

Last edited:
OP
MD Angels

MD Angels

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
lol ok so I know I'm the only one replying to this post, but here is an update:

I just "sexed" my other two suspects, and even checked Tulip for comparison, and I am pretty sure I have THREE FEMALES.

So, either Tulip's eggs are infertile, or she's been holding onto that sperm for some time!

OP
MD Angels

MD Angels

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thanks! I got the end of it on video too - its a slow process! (I was up late to witness )

I'm not 100% sure, but I did some research on applesnail.net and on their forum they have pics of real snails. I couldn't find anything that looked to me like a penile sheath on any of them, but I'm not positive.

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The snails can store the sperm for a very long time to be used when conditions are right for them. Congrats, would be cool if it was one of the blue or magenta snails, might make for some interesting babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom