So excited - planted tank setup tips?

Ladyy

My husband found me a 55 gallon on marketplace at a lower price.. I am so excited to start setting this up.. I want it to have live plants and a wide array of fish.. Any pointers would be appreciated

Ladyy

fishless cycle your tank. its the humain thing to do (and most simple imo)
I know. I plan on doing that.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Make sure that the fish you get are temperature compatible. Aggressive or Non aggressive, Check which level that they swim in. You don't want a bunch all in the middle or on the bottom etc.

Upvote 0

Ladyy

Make sure that the fish you get are temperature compatible. Aggressive or Non aggressive, Check which level that they swim in. You don't want a bunch all in the middle or on the bottom etc.
Right.. That makes sense.. Make the best of the room..

Upvote 0

SotaAquatics

Make sure to take pictures of your cat (if you have one) inside the tank before you do anything else to it. Its great fun to pretend you have a glass tank pet cat.

Are you going to go the route of low tech or high tech? That will greatly impact the equipment you want to use for it as well as substrate and plant selections.

Upvote 0

Ladyy

Make sure to take pictures of your cat (if you have one) inside the tank before you do anything else to it. Its great fun to pretend you have a glass tank pet cat.
Or maybe a pair of cats.. Semi aggressive cats lol

Attachments

• 20210411_200023_HDR.jpg
    20210411_200023_HDR.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210411_195542_HDR.jpg
    20210411_195542_HDR.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views