So... Craigslist tanks....

1. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

Ok, so I'm looking for 55-60 gallon tanks as my next upgrade and I'm checking out Craigslist. Some of the deals are pretty good, but there is one thing they have in common... they all want the current stock of fish to come along with it.

And I thought... it's as if you need a cart at the grocery store and someone offers you one... but you need to take it with all of the groceries they picked out.

2. mg13 Well Known Member Member

LOL, that is funny. I am looking for a ten gallon with a stand, and all that I find are also stocked.

3. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

The good news is that it means that they care about the fish... But yes, I know, it's sad. When I go looking for a used tank, it means that I am looking for someone who may have already killed their fish :p

4. mg13 Well Known Member Member

hmmm didn't think of it that way...

It is a little inconvenient though.

5. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

True story.

Some of these tanks are going for like $100 with $500 worth of materials.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. _Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

You can always take it all and post another craigslist to sell/give away the fish.

7. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

The thought's definitely crossed my mind, but I wanted to immediately begin aquascaping this thing with beautiful manzanite wood and reiyu stones! Plus it's always such a randomly inappropriate assortment of fish, which I'm sure I'd be looking at for months, like a giant parrot cichlid and a full grown bala shark, and 3 monstrous plecos, with pink and purple gravel.

8. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

I have managed not to do this lately :p