So confused

Elaine12

Reaction score
I have three tanks a 60 , a 29 and a 15. All tanks were doing amazing on Friday and Saturday morning . I did a water change on the two smaller ones on Thursday. The 15 has my angel fry that I use temporarily using as a grow out tank. I say there was probably 60-70 3 week old free swimmers in there. Then they all started dying Saturday night, it looked like they had fin and tail rot ... which I don’t understand how . I only have 10 fry left this morning. Did a water change yesterday and everything is testing fine. Then in my 29 gallon I had 2 angels , three gouarmis, a pleco and some little tetra and cory cat. I came home from work Saturday and six were dead. I had my angels , pleco and gouramis left. It looked like fin and tail rot in there too?? Did a water change treated with melafix all was good. Got up this am gouramis where dead and I just lost one of the angels Help

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
First thing to do in a case like this is test parameters - the first suspects: ammonia or nitrite spike ;; forgot to add conditioner and subsequently chlorine spike. Test for these three things, if they are fine, we can move on to the next set of questions.

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you know if your water company has been doing any work on their water lines lately? Do they occasionally flush the lines? It is strange that this started happening after water changes.

We can offer more help once we know a bit more about your tank.

Elaine12

Reaction score
Tge ph is 7.0 , ammonia was 1.0 and tested my faucet water it was 0.50. Babies in the 15 are hanging in there but the angel in the 29 looks horrible . I’m not sure he will make it. I will try and get a picture

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom