So another betta is in my home.

1. WolfaraRose Member Member

I know this will probably get me chewed out a bit, but we will get to that after I introduce the new little guy.
    This is Glaedr.
    Glaedr 2.jpg
    Glaedr.jpg
    If you are wondering what he is in, this is what will probably get me chewed out. He is in a 3 way breeder floating compartment. This is due to the fact that I do not have a tank cycled for him at the moment, and even if I had the media (which I do, and will give me an insta cycle) I do not have money for the heater.

Let me explain why I got him.

Went into petco, looking through their bettas, and this little guy....called to me. Watched me patiently before I got to his cubby hole, and then just gave me "the look" I couldn't leave him, so I made an impulse decision to bring him home to a filtered and heated tank and to put him in a gutted breeder box that is bigger then the cup they had him in and the thoughts that went through my head was, he is in a nice heated and filtered tank, and yes, before it is stated, I know he will get depressed, and I am working to scrape up the money to get the 20g long tank set up so he can be moved. So this is temporary.

I thought about moving my girl, Axie, to the 29 and letting her have free swim in the 29, while he takes her place temporarily in the 10g, but I figured she may go after some of my other fish, or they may go after her.

He is active, and eating, not flaring, save for when I approach the tank to suddenly and seems content watching the swords, corycats, red-blue colombian tetras, and the pearl swimming below, and the ABF's like to chill beside his container. He does have access to fresh air through the top, and nice circulation that doesn't blow him around, but is gentle that he doesn't really care.

So what do ya'll think?

He is a crowntail, but not sure what his specific coloring implies.... cambodian?

2. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

He is beautiful!

3. blusshed Well Known Member Member

You're new Betta is adorable.

If you feel you are doing the right thing, then I think it's the right thing...

And you do have plans for the near future (I hope) to correct his living conditions.

Wouldn't there be any way to buy a divider for the 10gal til you could get the 20gal up and going? Especially if what I got out of it was that you have 1 female in there? Just get a solid colored divider, or make one. :)

Good luck!

4. shayla1 Well Known Member Member

He is very pretty and I hope your plans for setting up a tank for him work out well.

5. Fishy Friends Well Known Member Member

He is very handsome!

6. WolfaraRose Member Member

blusshed The 10 is already divided for Eiros and Axie, I don't quite want to limit their space much further, but that is possible, at least for better temp situation. He doesn't really seem all that aggressive, and he would go on the farthest side of left side of Axie, while Eiros is on the right, but I don't know if that would mess with Eiros too much.

The 20 Gallon long will have seeded media from the 29 (since I double pack the filters, so I can replace them without causing a spike)

But he is doing well and he is beautiful! Thanks guys!

7. HappyKnitter Member Member

I would have taken him home too..! Beautiful.

8. WolfaraRose Member Member

That he is.

9. WolfaraRose Member Member

Update!
    He has been released into the 29 and is under intense observation for any aggression to him or from him. Poor little guy didn't like my female swords coming up and inspecting him tho, cause he turned tail and went to a different side of the tank.

10. WolfaraRose Member Member

Update... he had to be placed back into the container, at least temporarily considering some fish took about 2 tail rays as a snack from him. He is kinda mad that I isolated him and doesn't seem to realize that he is missing some of his tail.

11. atb224155 Member Member

This one is gorgeous

12. mg13 Well Known Member Member

He kinda looks like a zebra.. lol

sorry if it didn't make any sense, i didn't read the comments as I am in a hurry...

13. WolfaraRose Member Member

Lol no worries. He's still miffed that he had to be put back in the 3 way breeder, but hopefully when I see some new growth I can release him again. Or maybe by that time I will have the tank for him up. May just move Axie to the 29 and him to the divided 10.

Also, I would like it noted that neither of my boys will flare, but my girl, Axie will. Don't know why that is.