So... 60 Gallon I'm Starting Soon (maybe Next Week)

FriarThomasIII

Well Known
So, my parents are building a 125 semI planted cichlid set up, so I get to buy their 60 Gallon with the stand, lights, and both filters. My plans are along these lines; having media bags of the gravel already present in the tank (bacteria, free rocks) to make hills and mounds, followed with stratum soil balls up to 3/4ths from the back forward, coming down on a hill. I plan on having a larger mother dragon stone and small daughter stones in an arc around it, pointing inwards while also askew. I'm searching for a large piece of driftwood with a split in it that could hold soul, and have it planted with green wendthii, with the wood supported on another dragon stone. In the front 1/4th of the tank, an open swimming space of just pool sand, no plants or soil (heavily regulated so no plants grow into it, as much as I can). I want to have a large clump of blixa towards the back center, closer towards the left. I want pogostamon towards the front left, forming a plant barrier from the sand and soil. Not sure what else to plant in it, but the hardscape is a definite.
I'm thinking that for my fish stocking, I'll do;
4x Honey Gourami
12x Cardinal Tetra
6x Otocinclus
8x Amano Shrimp
8x Harlequin Rasbora
12x Ember Tetra
16x Dainty Corydoras

Thoughts?

Advertisement
I get so excited for people when they set up new tanks! It’s going to look amazing.

One thing is, you might be a little overstocked. Maybe do 10 of each kind of tetra, and 12 catfish. At least to start off. If you are good about water changes, you can potentially get more fish in the future.

Advertisement
I get so excited for people when they set up new tanks! It’s going to look amazing.

One thing is, you might be a little overstocked. Maybe do 10 of each kind of tetra, and 12 catfish. At least to start off. If you are good about water changes, you can potentially get more fish in the future.
Definitely taking it slow, though over stocking is ok, as it isn't going to be grossly over stocked, and will be densely planted and has a lot of filtration (dumbed down so minI fish aren't blown around) I'm excited

Id do this
4 honey gouramis
15 cardinal tetras or harlequin rasboras
10 otos
20 ember tetras
16 dainty cories
8-15 amano shrimp
No rasboras? Possibly. Algae would be easier to deal with. I'll explore other options, though this seems like a good mix. Maybe instead or the harlies, do chilies?

A good bit has happened over the last week or so! I have added;
6 danio rerio
7 peppered corydoras
3 bandit corydoras (adding more soon, all these fish were from the 30)
5 white cloud mountain minnows
1 bristlenose pleco

I added these fish because I managed to make my heater explode the first day, so I just decided to rehome the fish from the thirty, an unheated tank that has a heater for it (which will be a betta community). All in all that's the stock for now, though I'm not sure what to add next. Suggestions?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sattelmauser
Replies
Views
Zachsnanotanks
Replies
Views
BigT88
Advertisement

Back