55 Gallon Tank Snowflake Eel?

Is a 55 US gallon tank ok for one snowflake eel as the only specimen in the tank?

• Total voters

Antlers

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi guys. I'm officially the happiest person ever because I got a 55 for free! My dream fish is a snowflake eel, but no matter how much research I do both in and out of this forum, I get a lot of mixed answers on a minimum tank size. Some people say they need much bigger than a 55 which makes sense since they get so large, but others say that a 55 is okay which could also make sense since they are supposedly so sedentary. What are your opinions?
If a snowflake eel is unsuitable for a 55, are there any other eels (or even very eel-like fish) I could get? I just think they're so cool!

Last edited:

Tony_097

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Live aquaria is pretty good tool to find the min. Size tank and it says a 50g minimum and I have seen one in a 55 g many times in various lfs’s DT. There cool animals but They just don’t interest me so that’s all I can say with any credibility.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If your looking for eel or eel like why not put i a great big school of khuli loaches (12-15) then you could have a school of another tetra type fish and then a nice centerpiece.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom