Snowball Pleco - Was so tempted today lol!!

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by orbelina, Mar 20, 2012.

1. orbelina

orbelinaValued MemberMember

Was at my lfs this morning and noticed some lively looking shy guys sitting on the bottom of a tank...asked the guy what it was, even he was quite excited when he told me lol...anyway it was a Hypancistrus inspector....apparently also called a snowball pleco,
    I've never seen them before but my goodness were they expensive.. £28 each!! About $45!! A little out of my range at the moment but really cool...:eek:

2. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

lol Yikes!
    They're gorgeous though aren't they?

3. OP
    OP
    orbelina

orbelinaValued MemberMember

I didn't even see it properly, I only saw the spots...and I was like...'wha....what are those?'lol..

4. Fall River

Fall RiverValued MemberMember

Beautiful fish!
    To Planet Catfish we gooooo........

20 images of Hypancistrus Inspector

5. pirahnah3

pirahnah3Fishlore VIPMember

oh those are nice looking. I agree thou some plecos are just way to expensive.

6. Lexi03Well Known MemberMember

I know how you feel, the hubby really wants a L239 pleco, but it is $40.00 plus $40.00 for shipping, I promised him one though so hopefully I can order it soon.

7. Abalisa

AbalisaValued MemberMember

Just got a snowball! Actually getting ready to move it from qt to the big tank. Havent seen him since i let him out of the bag...lol. i only know it's still alive because i can see the tail moving sometimes if i shine a flashlight under the piece of decor he's hiding under...lol.

When i move him maybe i can get a pic before he jets in to hiding again! It took my gold nugget about 6 months to come out of hiding, now he's pretty brave & comes out before lights out sometimes.

If i had the money..... Huge long tank with many many different types of plecos, just love them! Pretty full on bottom feeders right now though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice