Snowball Pleco Question

1. snowballPLECO

snowballPLECO Member Member

I got this little guy two days ago, I made him a nice rock cave and has a piece of driftwood in there, is it normal behavior to hide all day and come out and hang on the walls at night? I also don't know if he's eaten since I got him, I dropped an algae wafer in there and idk if he's touched it, I also tried cucumber but he didn't touch it either.

2. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

Do you know the L number? There are a few with the common name "Snowball" but they're similar. Most "Snowballs" (L102, L201, L142) are omnivorous so you should feed them a meaty diet as well as veggies. Try some shrimp pellets.

I had a L102 and it hid all the time. I also had a lot of EBA babies that ate everything so I wasn't sure if she was getting any food. She died 2 months later but didn't have a sunken belly so I'm not sure if she wasn't getting food or something else. In hindsight, I should've moved her to my 40g or 20g (she was in my 75g) to let her grow a bit.

3. OP
    OP
    snowballPLECO

snowballPLECO Member Member

Yeah, I'm gonna get some shrimp pellets today. He could simply still be getting used to the new tank. My water parameters are fantastic