Snowball Pleco Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by snowballPLECO, May 16, 2018.

1. snowballPLECO

snowballPLECOValued MemberMember

I got this little guy two days ago, I made him a nice rock cave and has a piece of driftwood in there, is it normal behavior to hide all day and come out and hang on the walls at night? I also don't know if he's eaten since I got him, I dropped an algae wafer in there and idk if he's touched it, I also tried cucumber but he didn't touch it either.

2. DarkOne

DarkOneFishlore VIPMember

Do you know the L number? There are a few with the common name "Snowball" but they're similar. Most "Snowballs" (L102, L201, L142) are omnivorous so you should feed them a meaty diet as well as veggies. Try some shrimp pellets.

I had a L102 and it hid all the time. I also had a lot of EBA babies that ate everything so I wasn't sure if she was getting any food. She died 2 months later but didn't have a sunken belly so I'm not sure if she wasn't getting food or something else. In hindsight, I should've moved her to my 40g or 20g (she was in my 75g) to let her grow a bit.

3. OP
    OP
    snowballPLECO

snowballPLECOValued MemberMember

Yeah, I'm gonna get some shrimp pellets today. He could simply still be getting used to the new tank. My water parameters are fantastic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice