Snow from work trip - Been gone a bit

Butterfly
I had to go to Nashville Tn for a weeks training for the Company I work for and it snowed the first day I was there. It was absolutely beautiful. It didn't lay on the roads but stayed on the grass all week. Heres some pics.
Carol

Coryd55
Lucky. I haven't seen snow since 1999. First year we moved to Georgia it snowed and hasn't snowed since. They thought it was going to snow once so they shut everything down and that day it was sunny as could be lol. No school though.

Butterfly
Yeah we didn't get much snow when we lived in Georgia either.
Carol

Dino
They do the same thing here.
And I am in tennessee.

sirdarksol
Yeah, we joke about you TN people closing everything down with 2" of snow.
2" of snow around here means you've got to get up half an hour earlier to shovel your driveway.
Our snow has been melting for the past two days and I've still got around six inches on my lawn.

However, none of it looks as beautiful as the pictures above. We had a couple of "picturesque" snows this year, but for the most part, we just got dumped on. I love the snow, it just doesn't make for those beautiful, everything is dusted with white, pictures.

KonaBoy
We've had snow about 4 feet deep, and the school wasn't even closed Only thing it means is you have to slow down to 40

jen82
we only need a dusting of snow in england and the country grinds to a standstill. I here we have some on the way as well.

sirdarksol
Jen, you'd probably laugh at Minnesota drivers. We're fine with snow, but we get a tiny sprinkling of rain and everyone is going 10mph on the freeways. Rain probably causes more delays than snow in this state (though the first snow day is horrible. It's like every Minnesotan forgets how to drive in snow and either drives like there's no extra hazard or like it's some angry deity who is appeased by brake lights, and so they ride the brakes all the way to work)

sgould
We are at something like the 10th highest annual snowfall since they started keeping records. I am sick of snow. I want sun and warmth.

Butterfly
I love the snow as long as it doesn't cause too many traffic problems. This was truly the perfect snow.
Not only was it a perfect week snow wise but I passed my test. WAHOO!!!!
Carol

KonaBoy
Jen, you'd probably laugh at Minnesota drivers. We're fine with snow, but we get a tiny sprinkling of rain and everyone is going 10mph on the freeways. Rain probably causes more delays than snow in this state (though the first snow day is horrible. It's like every Minnesotan forgets how to drive in snow and either drives like there's no extra hazard or like it's some angry deity who is appeased by brake lights, and so they ride the brakes all the way to work)

It's like that up here too Seems like as soon as snow hits, people forget how to drive, and they try to do 120 down the highway

COBettaCouple
No more snow - we've had enough, thanks. Plenty of crazy drivers here that love flying along icy, snowy roads too.

Congrats Carol!

Chief_waterchanger
Congrats mom. (We had no doubt you'd pass the test.. you're all smart and stuff. )

I LOVE the picture of the leaves covered with a dusting of snow.. that would be a picture that could be used with christmas cards, save that one!

hssea
Just like to say Hi. This is my first post. We've already gotten over 110 inches of snow with another month to go. I'm spending a lot of time watching my fishies.

Dino
Congrats Carol!!!!!

I never doubted that you would pass.

jen82
well england never got the snow the weather man said we would. It was a beautiful sunny day not a cloud in the sky. Cold thou.

Chief_waterchanger
It seems like forever ago since we were at your place, Mom. We're gonna have to find the time later in the year to make it back out there.

I see that Mr. Butterfly didn't accompany the Mrs. to take pictures?

Very pretty snow-pics!

Hope it wasn't too bad to drive in.

Butterfly
It seems like forever ago since we were at your place, Mom. We're gonna have to find the time later in the year to make it back out there.

I see that Mr. Butterfly didn't accompany the Mrs. to take pictures?

Very pretty snow-pics!

Hope it wasn't too bad to drive in.
Come on over, there's always a light on and a bed in the guest room (Sounds like motel 5 doesn't it LOL)
Snow is my passion but Mr. butterfly did take me for a walk later
I happened to be at work when the snow started coming down and was worried I might get stuck but you know the Mr's determination and we got home safely.
Carol

COBettaCouple
If only we could send you our snow.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
  • Question
Replies
Views
Leeman75
3 4 5 6