Sneak peak at my first go at aquascaping

1. C

CLH New Member Member

tank.jpg

Ok, here it is, I've never done this before so ta da!

I'm not finished yet, got to put my heater in and maybe a couple more plants, but what do you all think?

Made my first moss tree, may need more moss at the front... may not... I'm one of those odd people that like something one minute and then not the next, (At the minute brain is happy with it!)

Welcome to Sandy Crack. (hee hee)
    This is like a little valley, the picture doesn't show it very well but one rock is set more to the front and one more back, making a rocky valley. (Please ignore the mess, I will tidy my sand up)
    sandy crack.jpg

Up close with Mr Moss Tree
    tree.jpg

2. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Looks very maritime! Like some of the oceanside scapes near me:) Very nice!

3. OP
    OP
    C

CLH New Member Member

Ooo thanks! What a cool word "maritime" Love it!

4. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Very nice looking tank. What kind of fish are you planning to stock with? Alison:;hi1.. Welcome to the forum and glad you decided to join us...

5. Skyy2112

Skyy2112 Valued Member Member

Love this scape!

6. OP
    OP
    C

CLH New Member Member

I'm not too sure at the minute, In another tank with rescue fish from work that the boss was going to flush I have one bristolnose pleco, and two lonely glowlights (Plus I have three cherry shrimp)

So I think I'll add them, maybe get a few more glowlights (Even though I'm not a great fan) just so they have someone to hang out with.

I would like to get more shrimp. Have a little Shrimp Kingdom happening, Maybe add another little school of tetra, or I do like pearl danios. Or Try and find a very pretty Betta and have a peaceful group with him.

All ideas welcome :D

7. OP
    OP
    C

CLH New Member Member

Thank you, Sky! :D

8. OP
    OP
    C

CLH New Member Member

After a small bump along the road with husbands bad measure skills, I've done them myself, so this is the new size:
    31 and a half inches long
    10 and a half inches wide (Which husband said right!)
    20 inches deep

9. Aquaphobia

Whoa. That's a big tank:shock:

Well, your options are nearly unlimited then! Or did you mean to write centimeters instead of inches?

10. ShaunBrowne

ShaunBrowne Valued Member Member

Awesome! well done

11. OP
    OP
    C

CLH New Member Member

Nope, I'm all inches! Haha

12. Aquaphobia

Yeesh. That tank is HUGE!

13. OP
    OP
    C

CLH New Member Member

God, now I feel like a turnip. But no, sadly I've learnt never to trust a man with a tape measure, after doing it myself I can see that my husband did read it out in centimetres! (Even though I asked for inches!!)

I'm sat here laughing to myself now!! What a fool!! :;laughing

14. Aquaphobia

LOL! Not to worry, I like turnips:p