Snake on the loose

1. Avaismyfava1

Avaismyfava1 Valued Member Member

Alright, I'm trying not to panic.

Everyone in my house is deathly horrified of snakes, but tolerate mine since she is contained. She is approximately 1 year old corn snake, and shed about a month ago. I fed her last Sunday, and I held her last Wednesday. I went to check on her today, and she's gone. Good news, the door to my bedroom has been shut. Bad news, I am keeping my door shut because I have a new air conditioner in there keeping my room at 60 degrees F. It's cold. I am planning on putting flour around my room tonight, as well as a plastic pet carrier on top of a heating pad with a warmed mouse in it, under my bed. How does that sound? any other suggestions? This thing has got to be found ASAP.

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I'd search your room very thoroughly to find her too. Are you sure she couldn't have fit under the door?

3. BamBamSorg

BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

Yeah it sounds like its just looking for warmth. So yes use the heat lamp etc and a mouse on a heatpad. When it gets too cold snakes look for sources of heat so make sure he/she isnt in ur bed when u r sleeping lol

4. OP
    OP
    Avaismyfava1

Yes I am positive. It goes ALL the way to the floor. Even if she did somehow get out of my room, where should I put a trap for her? In my room still? I have cranked up the heat in my room as well as leave some food out for her. I looked, but not for long because I had to go walk livestock. Is it easier to look for her, or for her to come to me? I turned off cold to maybe attract her, is there anything else to bring her out of hiding? I will have my eyes peeled tonight and I might set up a camera in my room to see if she comes out.

5. OP
    OP
    Avaismyfava1

I would have a heart attack if I woke up with a snake on my face, followed by extreme relief that I found her! I will THOROUGHLY check my covers before I lay down.

6. BamBamSorg

LOL I would have your room be cold again and then have only 1 heat source like the lamp or pad with the mouse. If u did want to trap her set up another heat lamp and/or pad and look up some DIY traps for snakes.

Im sure she wouldn't harm you if she recognizes your scent and youve held her before etc. Maybe or maybe not but I would stay on the positive side LOL

7. OP
    OP
    Avaismyfava1

Just the shock of waking up with things on my face LOL. I will turn up the cold!

8. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

I would check in the back of bureau draws, under anything that she can get underneath, can she get under the bed from the back of it? Do you have a closet In there that she could have gotten into? laundry baskets with clothes shoes on the floor? how big is she? They can get into very small places and they can climb. We had a Tile roof on our house replaced with a shingled roof and they found a lovely full sized corn snake under the tiles. The guys gave her to me and I put her out in the back yard so she wouldn't slither across the street and get squished. I hope you find her. :;hi1Alison

9. OP
    OP
    Avaismyfava1

I just found her slithering in my garage!!

10. BamBamSorg

YAYYY!!! Lol thats goood u found her!!!! :) :D

11. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

So glad you found her. congrats. Alison:;hi1

12. t

texasfishkeepr01 Valued Member Member

Haha I lost my California King snake a few years ago and I put tape in all the doorways and it got trapped on a piece of the tape that same night

13. Plecomaker

Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

i wonder if she didnt go under the door..
    ive seen small or quiet animals exit a room with a person when they left and they never knew the animal was underfoot