Snails

Status
Not open for further replies.

macca1985

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
hi if i was you i would get rid of them now i had 2 or three snails when i got a plant about 2 months ago now the tank is full of them i have just taken alot out 2day. Im not to sure if they are good or not though they do seem to eat algae but also your plants.

steed1172

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
one can always have to many of anything.
it deppends on the snail.. im just going to assume your referring to mystery snails.
at which they need atleast one gallon per and 2 gallons at max size...(1g=3.79L...2G=7.57.. quick conversion for your convenience)

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Splash and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I have moved your thread to the Freshwater Invertebrates/Snails section of the forum. It will help you to get more responses and possibly help other members down the road with the same questions.

Yes, you can have too many snails if you aren't careful. Over population of snails seems to be an issue with quiet a few members.

I hope you enjoy the site!

Ken

Splash I have merged your two threads since they were both the same subject and question. It will be a lot less confusing to other members. Please only create 1 thread per topic.

Thanks!
Ken

Last edited:

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fish Lore!

I guess it all depends upon who you are. From a bioload perspective I'm sure there's a point of critical mass but that would vary by tank and what kind of snail you have. From a food supply perspective, definitely you can have too many. From a personal opinion perspective some people think one is too many.

Do you know what kind of snails they are?

-Lisa

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
welcome to the site! if you have pond, mts, or ramshorn, you should be careful. they reproduce pretty fast. nerite and mystery are different. nerite snails can't reproduce in freshwater, and though mystery snails will, you can easily scoop the eggs out (above the water line) if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom