Snails

Donna Choice

Blueberrybetta

They'll eat anything they come across basically great cleanup crew to have

Donna Choice

Do snails eat the leftover fish food.?

Thanks.? Blueberry betta I wonder if they just ate scum off the plants & glass now I know I don't have buy food for Snails.

fanutd100

Thanks.? Blueberry betta I wonder if they just ate scum off the plants & glass now I know I don't have buy food for Snails.
Yes they would do that. However, depends on the snails, some may prefer them taste of the plant over working hard here and there for food.

TWiG87

I would still buy some food for your snails. I have a few Nerites that do a great job cleaning up my tank, but I still intentionally feed them as well.

thatfishlover122

i've never fed my nerites, they just eat algae all the time for me! Mine can't get the algae on plants though because they're heavy snails and the plant snaps lol

e_watson09

Depends on the type of snail. Mysteries will happily eat any food that falls to the bottom of the tank. They're not the best with eating algae tho, they'll eat it they're just lazy cleaners.

Nerites in my experience really don't eat commercially prepared foods. They're just happy to get the algae of the glass and plants.

EDIT TO AD
A good snail diet is important for mysteries to make sure they're getting all the nutrients required for their shells. So you'll still want to feed them food of their own too

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies
Views
MaximumRide14
Replies
Views
ButtercuptheOranda
Replies