Snails won't eat the food I give them

UnknownUser

Does this mean they're getting enough food naturally in the tank? I have mentioned before that I never see any algae, I'm sure they eat any before I see it. There's also plant matter in the tank. Usually they do NOT eat the cucumber I put in there, but last time they did and they stayed on it for the entire 12 hours I left it in the tank, so I assume they were starving. I added another one today a few weeks after the last one, and they aren't going anywhere near it again. What's up?

StarGirl

What kind of snails? My Nerites won't touch anything.

UnknownUser

StarGirl said:
What kind of snails? My Nerites won't touch anything.
They’re nerites. The issue I’m having is that they DID eat the cucumber that one time - so are they just not hungry? Or was that a fluke and they are hungry but are refusing to eat it?

StarGirl

No if they are hungry they will eat it. Probably getting enough biofilm and plant matter. What size tank is it?

UnknownUser

StarGirl said:
No if they are hungry they will eat it. Probably getting enough biofilm and plant matter. What size tank is it?
Only 3 gallons, they used to be in a 10. That’s why I’m paranoid they aren’t getting enough now

StarGirl

Maybe try something else? Like Zucchini or spinach? They probably just are not hungry.

UnknownUser

StarGirl said:
Maybe try something else? Like Zucchini or spinach? They probably just are not hungry.
I tried spinach, they didn’t touch that either. I have algae wafers but honestly nothing likes those lol. Hopefully they are just not hungry and aren’t just being so picky they’ll starve themselves to death.

StarGirl

Yeah if they are moving around they are eating. Just try something every few days if you are concerned. After a while you will just be like, Ok you're good little snails. I feed my pleco veggies and they do not care.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom