Snails that thrive in coldwater?

cwfishy65

I wanted to know if there are any type of snails that will thrive in coldwater. I want something new for my tank that I will not breed incredibly fast and survive my two goldfish. Thanks

Junne

Pond snails

but your goldfish will likely eat them.....

shelleyd2008

I would recommend trapdoor snails. The adults should be too big for the goldfish to eat. They are commonly kept in ponds with goldfish and such.

Junne

I believe Ramshorns can also do cold water

May even slow down the breeding too..... I was told that MTS snails breed more in warmer waters so maybe that might be another option...... I know I had some MTS in my pond snail bowl that seemed okay with no filter and no heater.

cwfishy65

I believe Ramshorns can also do cold water

May even slow down the breeding too..... I was told that MTS snails breed more in warmer waters so maybe that might be another option...... I know I had some MTS in my pond snail bowl that seemed okay with no filter and no heater.

Thanks guys ill do a little bit of research on each of these and decide

psalm18.2

I would recommend trapdoor snails. The adults should be too big for the goldfish to eat. They are commonly kept in ponds with goldfish and such.

Yes, Japanese trapdoor snails are pretty tough.

JoshM

Ramshorn snails, pond snails, trapdoor snails, and maybe MTS.

shelleyd2008

Any snail would live in cold water, even mystery or apple snails. But the question is, which would live well in cold water with goldfish. The answer to that question is trapdoor or apple (cana) snails.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• MaddieLynn
  • Snails
Replies
Views
rainman
Replies
Views
shelleyd2008
Replies
Views
FathomtheFish