SNAILS or SHRIMP

What kind of invertebrate/plant do you have in your tank?

  • Snail

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shrimp

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crab

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plant

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • none

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

onelovie

Active Member
Member
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
In my 55 gallon tank I have two snails and in my 10 gallon tank I have a snail and a ghost shrimp. Both of my tanks also have live plants.
 

Miss Mouse

Well Known
Member
Messages
565
Reaction score
0
I have a few snails in each tank and live plants all as well as a few fake plants to add some colour
 

JustinT

New Member
Member
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
I have two blue snails, 40 something ghost shrimp (I hardly see them) and tons of plants
 

fishfreak

Active Member
Member
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
I like live plants and fakes I have one shrimp I use to have ten but they died but I get them for free at my farmpond
 

Susie

New Member
Member
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Actually, I do have some pond snails, but I did'nt want them and I'm trying to get rid of them!
 

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,471
Reaction score
12
Experience
5 to 10 years
For now I'm sticking with plastic plants and fish. Hopefully that will change soon, although I'm perfectly happy with what I've got now.
 

Jessie_Lynn

Active Member
Member
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
I have natural plants in my aquarium. They are better than the fake ones because they have more movement in the tank. Especially when the bubble wand throws bubbles on to it. I had a ghost shrimp but he had an unhappy ending when he started beating up on my two PLECOS...
 

tan.b

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
6
Location
Yorkshire, UK
I have both shrimp and snails. the snails are unwanted pond snails that hitched a ride on the plants and breed far too fast! the shrimps I want more of, so hope they breed. ;D
 

wolfman21

Active Member
Member
Messages
420
Reaction score
0
Location
Stevens Point, WI
tan.b said:
I have both shrimp and snails. the snails are unwanted pond snails that hitched a ride on the plants and breed far too fast! the shrimps I want more of, so hope they breed. ;D
I couldn't agree with you more. Those pond snails reproduce way too fast and I don't like them except for their cleaning abilities. The shrimp are cool. Hoping mine will breed.
 

tan.b

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
6
Location
Yorkshire, UK
wolfman21 said:
tan.b said:
I have both shrimp and snails. the snails are unwanted pond snails that hitched a ride on the plants and breed far too fast! the shrimps I want more of, so hope they breed. ;D
I couldn't agree with you more. Those pond snails reproduce way too fast and I don't like them except for their cleaning abilities. The shrimp are cool. Hoping mine will breed.
I have a couple of big pond snails and they clean really well, I don't mind them, but the hundreds of offspring...I just can't keep up!! especially when an algae wafer goes in, they multiply overnight and the amount of eggs I keep finding..... :. I hope my shrimp breed too ;D. gonna buy some more next time I go to increase the chances! or put all 4 of mine together if I can catch them. how can you tell if they're girls or boys? the lfs man said they might be breeding pairs, but i'm not so sure!
 

wolfman21

Active Member
Member
Messages
420
Reaction score
0
Location
Stevens Point, WI
My ghost shrimp bred and I have a female with eggs. I got rid of all my snails. They cleaned, but they weren't worth the offspring, so I had to get rid of them.
 

tan.b

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
6
Location
Yorkshire, UK
wolfman21 said:
My ghost shrimp bred and I have a female with eggs. I got rid of all my snails. They cleaned, but they weren't worth the offspring, so I had to get rid of them.
how did you get rid of them? i've tried the kind ways, but unless I get every single one they'll just keep multiplying. is there a chemical that's safe to use with my shrimps and fish (see sig)? how long does the chem take to work? is it just a single dose? sorry for the questions....there's rather a lot!!! thanks, tan
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
89
Guests online
1,948
Total visitors
2,037

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom