SNAILS or SHRIMP

?

What kind of invertebrate/plant do you have in your tank?

1. Snail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Shrimp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Crab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Plant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. none

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fishphreak_4 Initiate Member

just wondering what people have in their tank. i have six snails and ghost shrimp.

2. onelovie Member Member

In my 55 gallon tank I have two snails and in my 10 gallon tank I have a snail and a ghost shrimp. Both of my tanks also have live plants.

3. FishFan Member Member

Well-I have 3 snails, but my 4 ghost shrimps died :(

4. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

I have a few snails in each tank and live plants all as well as a few fake plants to add some colour :)

5. JustinT Initiate Member

I have two blue snails, 40 something ghost shrimp (i hardly see them) and tons of plants

6. fishfreak Member Member

i like live plants and fakes i have one shrimp i use to have ten but they died but i get them for free at my farmpond

7. Susie Initiate Member

Actually, I do have some pond snails, but I did'nt want them and I'm trying to get rid of them!

8. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

For now I'm sticking with plastic plants and fish. Hopefully that will change soon, although I'm perfectly happy with what I've got now.

9. Jessie_Lynn Member Member

I have natural plants in my aquarium. They are better than the fake ones because they have more movement in the tank. Especially when the bubble wand throws bubbles on to it. I had a ghost shrimp but he had an unhappy ending when he started beating up on my two PLECOS...

10. wolfman21 Member Member

Gotta go with ghost shrimp. They are so cool to watch and help clean the tank at the same time

11. wolfman21 Member Member

Inadvertantly had some snails once, they reproduce way too fast.

12. Neville Well Known Member Member

what kind of snail did u have? i like apple snails.

13. tan.b Well Known Member Member

i have both shrimp and snails. the snails are unwanted pond snails that hitched a ride on the plants and breed far too fast! the shrimps i want more of, so hope they breed. ;D

14. wolfman21 Member Member

I couldn't agree with you more. Those pond snails reproduce way too fast and I don't like them except for their cleaning abilities. The shrimp are cool. Hoping mine will breed.

15. tan.b Well Known Member Member

i have a couple of big pond snails and they clean really well, i dont mind them, but the hundreds of offspring...i just cant keep up!! especially when an algae wafer goes in, they multiply overnight and the amount of eggs i keep finding..... ::). i hope my shrimp breed too ;D. gonna buy some more next time i go to increase the chances! or put all 4 of mine together if i can catch them. how can you tell if they're girls or boys? the lfs man said they might be breeding pairs, but i'm not so sure!

16. wolfman21 Member Member

My ghost shrimp bred and I have a female with eggs. I got rid of all my snails. They cleaned, but they weren't worth the offspring, so I had to get rid of them.

17. tan.b Well Known Member Member

how did you get rid of them? i've tried the kind ways, but unless i get every single one they'll just keep multiplying. is there a chemical thats safe to use with my shrimps and fish (see sig)? how long does the chem take to work? is it just a single dose? sorry for the questions....there's rather a lot!!! thanks, tan ;)

18. FishnFry Member Member

I have 4 yellow apple snails in a planted community tank and soon to add my 8 red cherry shrimp in there. The problem is I have adopted 2 angelfish that I want to put in the planted tank as well which could pose a threat to the RCS.