Snails Mating Or Fighting?

Shannonnn.22

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I posted a thread about this last night but I thought I should post another one to hopefully get more opinions.
My snails have been on top of each other all night. They were behind a decoration but have now come out so I got a picture of them. The other on top was shaking and it looked like they were trying to get the other out of the shell. I don't know if this is mating or fighting

Attachments

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If they are shaking you can lift them gently until the male lets go as it may be two males rather than a male/female (males mate with everything or attempt to).

OP
S

Shannonnn.22

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They ha
Mrsoctober said:
Snails don’t usually fight. There sex organs are inside there shells they’re probably mating.
ve been doing for almost 24 hours

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You can separate them so the one on the bottom gets a break, if they are twisting they are tired of them being there.

OP
S

Shannonnn.22

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mcasella said:
You can separate them so the one on the bottom gets a break, if they are twisting they are tired of them being there.
I have a 3.5 Gallon with a male betta
And a 20 Gallon with danios platys and mollies. Both have gravel but the one they are in now is sand, should I take one out and put it in a different tank?

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Shannonnn.22 said:
I have a 3.5 Gallon with a male betta
And a 20 Gallon with danios platys and mollies. Both have gravel but the one they are in now is sand, should I take one out and put it in a different tank?
To give the snail a break yes, if the betta can handle it I would pop him in there with him

New Threads